Question about fibroids | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about fibroids Question about fibroids

Unread 09-13-2002, 01:25 PM
Question about fibroids

Hi to everyone,
I'm fairly new to this site, which I think is great btw. I have had endo, fibroids, and the dr suspects adeno. My TAH/BSO is Sept. 27th. No hrt for 6-9 mths due to the endo.
I have been having severe pain in my left side for over a year now. My dr thinks it's the endo. I have had two laser laps in the past to remove the endo but it keeps coming back! Never had anything done about the fibroid. At my last visit to the dr, I had an us. She and I decided that a hyst would be best for me at this point.
My question is this, can a fibroid grow on the ovary? She said I have more than one fibroid now and I swear she said there was one on the left ovary. I was so upset about making the decision to have the hyst that I may have misunderstood what she said. I have a pre op next week, but this is really bugging me and would like to find out now. If anyone can answer this question I wiil be very grateful. I hope this is not a dumb question.
Thanks,
Marjorie
P.S. I'm sooooo glad I found this site!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2002, 03:06 PM
Question about fibroids

Hi Marjorie,

Welcome to Hystersisters!!

While I'm very sorry that you are facing surgery, I am glad that you have found us and posted to introduce yourself.

I found a site that has lots of information on fibroids, and seems to indicate that they can occasionally grow on other organs, but it may be that the fibroid is just very close to your ovary.

http://womenshealth.about.com/librar...y/aa052698.htm

Please be sure to read the pre-op and post-op hints that are toward the bottom of the main page of this site, and come back and ask as many questions as you want - there are no dumb questions here. We all learn from each other.

's

Karen
Unread 09-13-2002, 03:16 PM
Question about fibroids

Karen,
Thank you so much for the welcome and the info. I will definitely check out that site.
Marjorie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register