LSH versus TVH - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LSH versus TVH LSH versus TVH

Unread 05-19-2003, 02:58 AM
LSH versus TVH

I was originally scheduled to have an LSH but ended up having an LAVH due to the size of the fibroids and uterus. My doctor told me there were more risks with TVH because they can't see exactly what's happening when going through in vaginally whereas you can see alot more laparoscopically. The down side with LSH as opposed to TVH is that it takes a bit longer and is done under general anaesthetic.

It your uterus is too enlarged you won't have the choice and will have to have either an LAVH or TVH. Personally I'm glad I had an LAVH and have had an uneventful recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2003, 08:59 AM
LSH versus TVH

With a tool called a morcellator the size of the uterus or fibroid is not so much an issue. The morcellator breaks down the "object" and brings it out in sausage shape pieces. My doctor said he has removed a uterus the size of a basketball.
Unread 05-19-2003, 09:39 AM
LSH versus TVH

I had a LSH/BSO 10 days ago. Easy recovery from the surgery - except for the anesthesia. I'm still experiencing trouble swallowing and a cough -- yuck! Coughing and abdominal surgery don't mix, it hurts.

I had a morphine drip. It worked great and was kind of fun to float away once in a while. Vicodan first three days home then darvocet until yesterday. I can do almost anything but lift and sex. Must admit my energy level is good for a while then drops to 0. More rest and in a week I'll be good.

Can't believe the 4 itty bitty cuts used for surgery - one stitch a piece. My insides are still healing and will be for a while. When I feel a tug I go rest, read and watch T.V. No nausea, no problems with bowels or bladder. AND no more continuous bleeding!

Good luck on your decision and welcome to HysterSisters!
Unread 05-19-2003, 10:54 PM
thanks to everyone

I just want to thank everyone for the caring and helpful responses I have received in just 24 hours! What a wonderful place this is to come and know that someone, everyone understands. I am still scheduled for my "castle" visit on Wednesday May 21st and after much discussion with my MD I will be doing the TVH, keeping ovaries. I am obviously still nervous, but having you guys out there makes it soooo much easier. Thank yous all around again, and I will let you know when I return home.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register