Miracle Cure for my post pain meds pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Miracle Cure for my post pain meds pain Miracle Cure for my post pain meds pain

Unread 08-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Miracle Cure for my post pain meds pain

I was in a weird situation where I didn't want vicodin due to being addicted post surgery & having to wean off. I personally can't take ibuprofen due to allergy reasons.

About 5/6 weeks post op (abdominal full hyst), I was super sore and the dr said it was just "normal" pain and my muscles were sore from me being more active.

I laid in bed for about a week cause I hurt and didn't want to do anything. But then out of desperation, I tried a Therma Care patch (actually CVS generic). I got the upper back one & just flipped it upside down as it covered the parts that were hurting me the best.

I used it 4 days ago & the pain hasn't been back since! I guess I just needed deep heat penetration. I wanted to do cartwheels that night from being so excited at actually NOT hurting!!

Just wanted to pass this along to you guys. It's only $1.99 for a single "trial" pack at CVS so it can't hurt to try it! I've since bought 10 (lol) but haven't needed anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Re: Miracle Cure for my post pain meds pain

Its amazing how heat/cold can help in the relief of pain. I'm so happy you made the discovery. Thanks for sharing and happy healing!
Unread 08-26-2009, 07:11 AM

cool...will get one!!!!!I am 3 weeks into recovery...and I still feel the sharp pains in my abdomen, thank you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2009, 07:15 AM

So very glad it worked for you will try it myself I am 10 weeks post op and have had some pain in one area thanks for the idea
Unread 08-27-2009, 01:32 AM

I use an electric heating pad on mine, ice for most of the first week... ice kept the pain to a min but the heat is suppose to aid in healing. Happy your pain is gone!!
Unread 08-27-2009, 09:51 AM

Yep, heat increasing blood flow. Healing is more efficient in an area with good blood flow. Ice constricts blood vessels decreasing blood flow but does decrease inflammation and block pain signals. After the application of ice when the tissue is warmed back up the vessels open and flush the area which aids in healing also. Be careful if you have a history of vascular, cardiac or neurological problems with ice and heat.
Feel good.
I've been using cold packs for pain control because it has been to hot for heat packs. Last night the temperature dropped and I thought I was going to shiver to death from my cold packs. Things keep changing with the seasons

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register