dVH/RALH 4 weeks post-hysterectomy and having some pain and spotting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post-hysterectomy and having some pain and spotting 4 weeks post-hysterectomy and having some pain and spotting

Unread 01-15-2015, 06:27 PM
4 weeks post-hysterectomy and having some pain and spotting

Hello Everyone, I was wondering if anyone has experienced this type of issue. I am a little over 4 weeks past surgery and have started to have tenderness and slight pain on my upper left side. Kinda near my rib cage. I have also had some light spotting for about 2 days. I don't know if this is normal, as I didn't experience pain after the surgery itself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2015, 07:00 PM
Re: 4 weeks post-op and having some pain and spotting

Sorry Friends, I didn't think my first question went through. I didn't mean to ask the same thing twice.
Unread 01-15-2015, 07:44 PM
4 weeks post-hysterectomy and having some pain and spotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathyv7195 View Post
Hello Everyone, I was wondering if anyone has experienced this type of issue. I am a little over 4 weeks past surgery and have started to have tenderness and slight pain on my upper left side. Kinda near my rib cage. I have also had some light spotting for about 2 days. I don't know if this is normal, as I didn't experience pain after the surgery itself.
My doc said her davinci patients typically call her btwn weeks 4 & 6 (usually at about 5 wks) with sudden spotting and aching as their cuff stitches dissolve / are discharged. That could be it? I'd call tomorrow just to be reassured. (Unless of course you bleed heavy, bright red... The call after hours.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2015, 08:15 PM
Re: 4 weeks post-op and having some pain and spotting

My surgery was one week before yours and I had the same symptoms last week. No more spotting since Monday! I think what you are experiencing is the normal healing process. I also had tenderness on upper left side but that seems to be better now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register