What Are Some Things You Look Really Forward To? Happily Ever After... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What Are Some Things You Look Really Forward To?  Happily Ever After... What Are Some Things You Look Really Forward To? Happily Ever After...

Unread 04-02-2004, 05:45 PM
What Are Some Things You Look Really Forward To? Happily Ever After...

If I am blessed to have a successful surgery (LAVH) and really do have a better quality of life...and live happily ever after, these are some of my wishes and things I look forward to. I just thought it may be an encouraging way to look beyond all that lies ahead as a LIW. Hope...gives us reason to keep believing in something beyond our current struggles. So here are my hopes for the future. What are yours?

I look forward to (in no special order)

-being able to wear a variety of clothing beyond my overalls because it hurts to have anything on my waist. (silly, but still I look forward to it!)

-being able to make plans socially without fear of having to cancel because of pain

-being able to pick up my two little blessings, our son (6 months) and our daughter (2 years)...though that will have to wait awhile after surgery.

-being able to wake up in the morning and not to have to get a glass of water for any other reason than I am thirsty...hehe...no more endometriosis treatment meds.

-joining my family of Summer Vacation for the first time in three years this July

-getting a new job that I love instead of staying at the one that will be most accomodating when I have to take time off for surgery or appointments

-starting a new program at school that I have wanted to begin for many years but felt I couldn't for fear of not being able to see it through to completion

-waking up in the morning and thinking about all the amazing things I want to do with my family and having the stamina and vitality to do them

-someday sharing my story, my journey with other women. Reaching out and giving back. Giving meaning to my experience through caring for others.

I am sure there are so many more, but at this very moment these are just a handful of little blessings that I hold onto as I face my surgery.

29, having LAVH, leaving ovaries.

Blessings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2004, 06:31 PM

Oh I so know what you mean about wearing clothes again.. I thought it was just me.. Even undewear oh not to have that pain.

Being able to play tennis, go kayaking, walking, exercise..... I can't wait...

Going to the mall again or the store or anywhere for that matter for longer than 30 minutes.

your so right about holding on to the postive sights I had almost forgotten about them. Thank you for giving me something real to hold on to ..

2days and counting..
Melissa-LAVH where everything is going.
Unread 04-02-2004, 06:50 PM
looking forward to...

Losing weight and inches.

Being able to be intimate with DH at any time.

Not having to plan vacations around auntie flo.

Wearing jeans!

Playing with my dog without getting tired/too sore.

These are just a few of the things I am looking forward to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2004, 07:26 PM

My surgery was at the end of january . Back then when I wa sseriously contemplating having it done and giving up the idea of baby #3 I thought

No more pain
No more double pads and tampax
No more pl;anning my life about my flow
I could go as far from the house as my body would allow me and not worry about rushing back to the bathroom on time to wash

In other words a better quality of l;ife

mei
Unread 04-03-2004, 04:35 AM

No pain!
Energy energy energy
taking care of my family
exercise exercise exercise

looking relatively actractive again - not like some zombie witch scary hunched over worn out pale hag

new clothes!

living my life as I mean to live it. Its been pretty rough forever, but 3 years ago we turned a corner - and then my health lived

Not ruining cruddy old panties that look maternity bcs it hurts to ahve anything touch my belly

And - in Oct - a blow out trip to Walt Disney World!! "Kathleen, you've just had a hysterectomy!! What are you doing next?"

"I am going to Disney World"
Unread 04-03-2004, 06:56 AM

My daughter and I went shopping a couple weeks ago, and I bought 6 new pairs of absolutely beautiful and very sexy undies. I already had 3 new ones that I couldn't wear, because I didn't want them to get ruined.
I am going to throw out every one of my old ones.

Being intimate with my husband when I want it, not when I have to because I don't know when it will arrive.

no more tampons or pads

no more PMS

no more periods.

no more chocolate cravings.

maybe some weight loss because of the above.

and hopefully feeling more balanced.

oh and no more icky feeling, know its coming, bloating, back pain, cramps, that feeling that someone has a death hold on my insides.

Looking forward to experimenting with KY Jelly and all the accessories we have and haven't been able to use.

Being intimate with my husband on my birthday, his birthday, our anniversary, New Years Eve, Christmas, Fourth of July, the first day of spring, the first day of summer, the first day of fall, the first day of winter, Memorial weekend, Labor day weekend, and any of the other holidays.

I'm sure there will be more things.
These are just a few that I look forward to.
Unread 04-04-2004, 11:34 AM

For me, it's buying white sheets - haven't slept on those since I was a kid (and my Mom dealt with the blood stains).

I HATE the stains, and have been buying dark colored sheets for YEARS - I'm looking forward to buying a nice set of white sheets to use this summer!
Unread 04-05-2004, 10:19 AM

Oh i can't WAIT to wear pants!! I have worn overalls for 3 years now, i want a fabulous pair of jeans when the time comes! and yes, white sheets!!!! how lovely is that going to be????

SUrgery is tomorrow, these are great things to focus on instead of worrying about pain! Will print the lists and post on fridge for me to read instead of pacing around my home!

JEANS? Sex that doesn't hurt? Not changing my Super Plus absorbant tampons every 45 minutes for 5 days straight? Can you IMAGINE??
Unread 04-05-2004, 10:36 AM

What a beautiful idea!
Just off the top of my head...

sleeping throught the night without pain

feeling empty after using the bathroom

being able to make definite plans, socializing again, without having to cancel from pain and fatigue

hiking, yoga, dancing, going to the gym, frolicking just cause I feel like it!

victoria's secret, and figure-flattering clothes

having a figure to flatter

and...
not waiting for this hyster to happen!

akita
Unread 04-05-2004, 10:44 AM
I can't wait..

I'm looking forward to buttoning my pants!

and

going a whole day without pain

having sex without fear of pain or bleeding

not having to pee every half hour

wrestling on the floor with the kids

and a whole bunch of other things!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register