Off to the Castle in 3 hours | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Off to the Castle in 3 hours Off to the Castle in 3 hours

Unread 05-21-2006, 02:59 AM
Off to the Castle in 3 hours

and I haven't even started packing yet! Aargh!

I think I'll be coming home to chaos - DH hasn't a clue what he's going to feed me and seems to want me to organise it all, but frankly I'm too tired and busy, so if necessary I'll live on yoghurt and fruit.

Anyway, feeling good and even kind of excited to finally be getting this; I just hope the surgery isn't cancelled for any reason. I have my pre-op tests/discussion this afternoon, stay in overnight and have the TVH early Monday morning - hopefully out on Wednesday. All the best to everyone else who's going to the Castle this week! See you on the other side!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2006, 03:05 AM

best time to get the slow cooker out dh.... gl hun im still in waiting for my date my prayers go out to you

binki
Unread 05-21-2006, 05:33 AM

Best wishes, I'll pray that all goes well for you. Please let us know how you are when you feel up to it.

S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2006, 05:48 AM

Hi Hesperis! I so understand your frustration. Had to work and then a day trip on the weekend for son-in-law's graduation, last ride with DH in truck, etc. Well, by the afternoon of the day before I was in quite a frantic state! Nothing packed, so much stuff on my 'to do' lists not done and company and phone calls until after 9pm! DH and I still had an important date for that night, after which I had to take a shower with disinfectant soap and up again the next morning (at 4 am) for another shower with the soap. I was a frantic lunatic until about 10pm when I realized that there was no way I was getting any kind of sleep and, hey, I would make up for it in the morning! So, I started relaxing then and getting stuff done. And after all that, my suitcase didn't make it to me until I was discharged from hospital (which was later the next morning). I used hospital stuff for clothing and showers. Oh well! It all worked out in the long run! And it will for you too, whether or not it all gets done, whether or not you get frantic and melt down. So, take a deep breath, count to ten, and let it all go. I will keep you in my prayers and I know things will go well for you.
Unread 05-21-2006, 05:52 AM

Brain is still a little foggy! I wanted to add too, that DH went shopping for groceries after I got home. That way he could get whatever I felt like eating, which wasn't a whole lot at first. He's also more likely to help if he can decide what meals to cook. I also had DH pick me up a few cans of ready to serve soups and open them and put them in small bowls that I could microwave as I woke up hungry at odd hours of the night. It was easy for me to fix for myself.
Unread 05-21-2006, 06:11 AM

DH won't cook at all beyond a cheese omelette; I've already given him a list of snacky things I think I might like, but he expected me to order groceries online for delivery when I get home, and I haven't got round to it. My best friend has said if it gets to several days before I have a real meal, she'll come round and cook. Given that he's had 4 months to get used to the idea, I'm a bit disappointed he's done nothing at all to prepare for the food (he figured if he ignored it I'd do batch cooking in a frenzy, and I just haven't had the time or energy). I dread to think what it'll be like here when I come out, but I shall stay in bed and let the chaos breed! To be fair he's also got a cat in a cage with a broken leg to look after; he has to take her back to the vet tomorrow after my surgery.

I'm pleased I'm not nervous about the op, although I suspect I might have a twinge of nerves tomorrow morning as they prep me. But I know God's in control.
Unread 05-21-2006, 06:36 AM

Yikes! I guess I'm really lucky DH will cook. First few days snacky things did the trick. I could only handle small bits at a time anyway. If anyone offers you help, get them to shop for you! Cans of ready to serve soups were my friend the first few days. Also, instant coffee (gotta have coffee-LOL) and whole wheat bread to toast and I put on peanut butter. Easy to fix and nutritious.
As you said, God is in control, but it sure is hard not to try to 'help' Him. I will keep you in my prayers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register