Hysterectomy scheduled for Aug. 30th. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy scheduled for Aug. 30th. Hysterectomy scheduled for Aug. 30th.

Unread 08-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Hysterectomy scheduled for Aug. 30th.

Hi everyone! I'm having a supracervrical hysterectomy on Aug 30. I have one child,and i'm 34 years old. About 8 months ago, I started having pain and bleeding in between periods. After three months of this, I went to my doctor and she suggested an ultrasound of my ovaries. My left ovary had a cyst about 8cm and the right and one about 2cm. She suggested birth control pills and a follow up ultra sound. The follow up showed that they didn't shrink much, so we took a "wait and see" approach. Around the end of May, My C-section scar developed a cyst and started to drain and bleed. Because my son is 7 years old this freaked me out!! When I went to my doctor,she wanted to CAT scan it,but I thought I should see an OB/GYN for their input. I didn't know who to go to because we are new to this town,but My family Dr. was helpful in choosing someone. When he saw me, he said it's unusual but nothing to worry about. Fast forward 2 weeks. after a day out with the family, that night I got the worst stomach pains I ever had. It lasted all night long and I went to the ER in the morning. My fever was 103, and The pain was horrendous. Thinking it was my appendix,they gave me an ultrasound,but that was ok. They did say my left ovary was the size of a baseball and that my uterus was enlarged. They sent me home with pain meds and an appt. with my OB/GYN for Monday morn. The weekend I was so sick,my parents drove up to care for my son,because Hubby had to work. By Monday I thought I was dying. At the Dr's office, still had high fever, very low blood pressure and pulse. He did an ultrasound in office and decided I needed surgery right then. 3 hours later I woke up in the ICU. The Dr. told me I had a massive pelvic infection,scar tissue,adhesions,and my C-section scar was "stuck" to my uterus. Infection turned out to be e-coli, probably from the open cyst. Now I had to heal enough for the hysterectomy. I'm sad and scared. Always wanted a 2nd baby,I'm mad too they could have caught this earlier and this could have been avoided. Good luck and warm thoughts to everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Re: Hysterectomy scheduled for Aug. 30th.

hello.i am going in (maybe!!havent decided yet) for a hysterectomy next fri, i have a different problem though i have endometriosis and tried for many years to have children i had 3 ectopics and it about killed me ( phsically and emotionally) i really wish i knew what to say but your case is unique. i will pray for you and wish you all the best, i know its sad knowing you cant have any more children, you are lucky to have been blessed with your son, i would give anything for even one child..good luck to you and you are definately in my prayers.ps i am only 35 yrs old so i know how u feel ..
Unread 08-12-2010, 03:56 PM

Sounds like you have been through a major ordeal, bloonoon! My heart goes out to you and I hope all goes well and you are able to feel better after all this is over!

I'm having a hysterectomy the day after you, the 31st. It was just scheduled today and I want it asap because I'm currently unemployed and figured I should do it before I job hunt in seriousness. I'm still a little surprised it will only be slightly over two weeks away. I have two fibroids, one huge and low in my uterus. It is a relief to have it scheduled.

Again, I hope things go well for you. I encourage you to read as much as you can on this site, there is so much knowledge and experience with these women!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2010, 05:37 PM

Thank you all for being so nice! My Prayers and best wishes for everyone on this site!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register