Bowel Prep Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bowel Prep Question Bowel Prep Question

Unread 09-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Bowel Prep Question

I was told to take Fleet Phospho-soda at 12 noon which I have, my question is how long did it take to work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Bowel Prep Question

I did the mag citrate and it took a very long 4.5 hours! Everyone is different.
Unread 09-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Bowel Prep Question

Glad someone posed the question! I was sitting here wondering the same thing (and also took the same prep at 12:00). Good luck with your surgery sunfiredawn!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-30-2008, 12:06 PM
Bowel Prep Question

I had to take that in the past. Usually worked for me within an hour.
Unread 09-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Bowel Prep Question

I took Magnesium Citrate at 6PM and was to have a Fleet enema at 10PM. I had a SMALL bit of relief from the citrate and then absolutely nothing. I was getting worried, wondering whether or not my surgery would be cancelled. I took the Fleet at 10PM. Did get relief from that but based on everything that I took, I knew it should be more.

NO REASON TO BE CONCERNED..........about 10:30 PM when I was thinking of getting ready for bed the Magnesium Citrate "kicked" in. It only took about an hour and a half of staying CLOSE to the potty and I was up only once during the night and went only once after waking up.

So, don't be concerned if you don't get action as soon as the instructions say or as quickly as posters on this board say. I do believe that the Fleet helped things along though.

Sending good wishes your way. My surgery was a week ago and I'm really feeling great.......considering!!!!!
Unread 09-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Bowel Prep Question

An enema called "Fleet"? I'd like to meet the marketing guru who thought up that name...
Unread 09-30-2008, 03:02 PM
Bowel Prep Question

I just took mine too - holy moley, that stuff is NASTY! They lied on the bottle and said it was grape flavored >_<

So far though, the only thing it did was make me nauseous and give me a screaming headache! I'm sure though that it'll all "come out in the end" - sorry - I know that was bad, but it made you all grin!

I figure that later tonite, after it's "done" and I do the fleet-routine, I'll have earned a bath and soak for a while.

best to everyone heading in with me tomorrow!

edie
lavh/bso & bladder repairs - bright and early tomorrow morning!
Unread 09-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Bowel Prep Question

LOL English Lavender! That is some funny stuff...never thought about it! The first time I took the mag cit I mixed it with 7up and it worked within the hour. The 2nd time it took a little longer and the 3rd it literally took forever and I barely went. I too was scared but I didn't go again until a full week after my surgery so apparently it did work! LOL!

everytime it made me nauseated!

good luck!
Unread 09-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Bowel Prep Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediedieb
I just took mine too - holy moley, that stuff is NASTY! They lied on the bottle and said it was grape flavored >_<

So far though, the only thing it did was make me nauseous and give me a screaming headache! I'm sure though that it'll all "come out in the end" - sorry - I know that was bad, but it made you all grin!

I figure that later tonite, after it's "done" and I do the fleet-routine, I'll have earned a bath and soak for a while.

best to everyone heading in with me tomorrow!

edie
lavh/bso & bladder repairs - bright and early tomorrow morning!
Best of luck to you tomorrow. I was so concerned and spent so much time worrying. I can't believe how easy it was and continues to be. A lot of hours spent worrying over nothing. Looking back it was quite an experience. Not one that I really want to DO again but one that I wouldn't fear.

Prayers to you.
Unread 09-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Bowel Prep Question

I'm so not looking forward to this experience. I have to have two "coctails" next Thursday... One at noon and another at 3pm. Goodness, I hope that does the trick... cause ummm, I'm not sure about the whole "fleet" thing. Although my doctor didn't say anything about doing an enima.

Hope all goes well tomorrow!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register