ladies, I am curious why am i????????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ladies, I am curious why am i????????? ladies, I am curious why am i?????????

Unread 05-06-2003, 01:37 AM
ladies, I am curious why am i?????????

hello Ladies I have a ? I have notice over the pass 6-8months I have been waking up at night and my night shirt has been wet sometimes it is so bad that I have to get out of bed to dry myself off and I have too take off my night shirt. it is only my upper body that seems to be wet but it don"t happen ever night maybe about 4 to 5 times a month. I have been wondering why iam sweating at nite. I have not had my surgery as of yet still have my ovaries intact iam only 36 why have i been experiencing sweating bouts???????? I would love to get some input and if I should consult my or just not worry about it I need your input not sure whats going on inside for me to have night wetness. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2003, 04:01 AM

Hi Honesty,

You could be experiencing night sweats and it could possibly be a sign of being peri-menopausal. Although you are only 36 and young for this, other women have gone through it too. One of my sisters (real life, not Hystersisters ) went through menopause at 33.

However, it's always a good idea to let your Dr. know of your symptoms.

Best wishes and s
Unread 05-06-2003, 06:49 AM

I agree that checking with your doctor is a good idea. While it does sound like night sweats for hormonal reasons, there are other things that could be the cause.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2003, 09:52 AM

Within the last week, Ive been experiencing this too. Not only the sweats, but hot flashes where my entire body feels like someone put me in an oven! I am only 31, but having alot of gyn problems.

I have an appt with my doc the 23rd (hes out of town now) and Ive already called the office about it.
I suggest you let them know as soon as you can and see if its something the doc will want to see/talk with you about.
Unread 05-06-2003, 10:13 AM

I was only 31 when my nightsweats started, followed by hot flashes. I am scheduled for a TAH/BSO on 9 May. I have not had nearly the problems some women have had. However, my CA 125 has jumped around a lot over the last year and with my family history of ovarian cancer, I believe it is time to do something for both my physical and mental health.

Just my opinion, but Black Cohosh has worked for me in decreasing both nightsweats ans hot flashes. It doesn't work for everyone though.
Unread 05-06-2003, 10:30 AM
Night sweats

I started having those ugly night sweats at the age of 35...in my case it was part of peri-menopause. The girls are right...call your doc and have your hormone levels checked.

HRT might be just the ticket for you. You can also read "What Your Doctor Doesn't Tell You About Peri-Menopause" (or something like that) by Dr. Lee. It's all about natural progesterone cream. I used the cream at first, and it really helped.

I'm sorry you're having the discomfort.

Peace of mind and a calm spirit to you,
Simi
Unread 05-06-2003, 10:39 AM

I had night sweats & was diagnosed as peri-menopausal for 2 years. I also had other symptoms. By the time I changed dr's I was a mess. Uro said I was no where near menopause but my ovaries were in such bad shape & had been useless for years. He stressed I was diseased not menopausal & my other dr should have been able to visually see this.

Terry
Unread 05-15-2003, 07:52 PM
night sweats

I Am just 38 As of may 1st... and just started the night sweats and a few hot flashes in the last month, my TAH is schedualed for june 17... not sure if overies are going, he said if they were bad they would go but is seems kike it might be pretty normal

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register