Evening before | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Evening before Evening before

Unread 07-30-2003, 03:54 PM
Evening before

Okay, it is the evening before and am more nervous than ever. My husband just got home and gave me good hugs so I feel a little better than I did. I am just so ready to have this over with. Would like to jump to at least Monday and would be back home and recouping. Will probably be up late tonight....not being able to sleep.....should have gotten something from my Dr. but just didn't think about it, so if anyone has any last minute advice for a frightened soon to be princess PLEASE, PLEASE send it my way. Please also remember me in your prayers . TAH because of fibroids and many years of pain from heavy bleeding during my exclamation points (I don't call them periods anymore).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2003, 05:19 PM
Evening before

RedBeauty~

Hang in there, this time tomorrow you will be a princess. A bad case of nerves the night before is to be expected. Do something you enjoy to try and take your mind off your surgery. Rent some movies, go for a ride with Dh or just spend sometime cuddling together.

You are in my Prayers.

Donna
Unread 07-30-2003, 05:21 PM
Evening before

Dear RedBeauty:

Yesterday was my 9 week anniversary and I'm doing very well, I had an SAH, along with a tummy tuck and some lipo done on my hips and I can tell you that the hyst part was the one that heal the fastest, I did not have any problems at the castle and I can tell you that the worst part is the waiting time and it all happens sooo quickly that soon you will be feeling so much better than you did before that you won't even remember being in the castle at all. Just remember to take very good care of your self when you get back home and follow your dr instructions exactly, I think that has been the best thing I have done for myself.
Well, good luck tomorrow and remember it would soon be all over and you will feel like new.

Mally
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-30-2003, 05:44 PM
Evening before

The day/night before was the worst for me - I almost canceled.

Now I am 6 days post-op, and thrilled that I did not cancel. As a matter of fact when I woke up in the recovery room I was already glad I'd gone ahead with it.

You are in my prayers for a restful night. By tomorrow night you'll be through the worst of it (the waiting) and have joined those of us post-op that are SO happy to have it done.
Unread 07-30-2003, 06:17 PM
Evening before

Try to take some deep breaths. I remember getting a little nervous yesterday on my way to my pre-op appointments. As I was driving I realized that I have 30,000 sisters out there wishing me well on my journey. Knowing that I'm not doing this alone has gone a long way to keeping me calm lately
Unread 07-30-2003, 06:18 PM
Evening before

RedBeauty I know just how you feel, this is my last night before the big day for me also. We both will do fine I am sure. The big time nerves have not really set in yet, I am sure on the ride to the castle they will.

I will think of you and all the ladies on their way to castle tomorrow.
Unread 07-30-2003, 06:19 PM
Hi Red Beauty!

I feel so much better. No, I'm not lifting weights..... I'm three weeks post-op (TAH). I only had to spend one night in the castle & only had two pain pills at home (taking Advil, now). I went back and forth on my decision just like you. I didn't realize how much pain I was actually in BEFORE the surgery. Here's my thread about the fibroids.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ady+in+Waiting

Hope this helps.

P.S. I'll try to find the thread about wonderful recoveries.
Unread 07-30-2003, 06:25 PM
READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Here's the post that tells about all the good/quick recoveries! Just took me a minute to find it. Hope your surgery goes great & you are pain free in no time at all. Blessings to you.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=110401
Unread 07-30-2003, 06:53 PM
Evening before

HUGS
Unread 07-30-2003, 11:38 PM
Spent the night before on the computer....

Reread all the posts in pre-op. Stayed away from post-op as I wanted to stay as positive as possible (ha ha). DBF didn't spend the night, but he was there first thing in the morning to take me to the castle. Finally fell asleep for a few hours, but was really prepared to stay awake all night. Figured I would be sleeping lots the next day. By the way, I have a problem with insommia all the time. so do take meds for that.
Take care, have a bubble bath etc.

Levanah

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register