scared and silently freaking out - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scared and silently freaking out scared and silently freaking out

Unread 02-03-2008, 11:40 AM
scared and silently freaking out

Great advice all! Ask and you shall receive. Ask for help, most people are willing and thrilled to feel like they are doing something for your in your time of need.

We sometimes feel helpless when someone is in pain or emotionally a wreck.

Going in two days. Will post when I get home!
Hoping it is one day surgery!

Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Help

Help I can't take these night sweats. What can I do ? I sleep with a fan and ceiling fan and I still wake up sweating a soaked. My poor husband is wrapped in the covers and i don't want anything on because it is so hot. i don't cuddle with my hubby because the body heat make me feel like I am suffercating. Help please?
Unread 02-04-2008, 02:07 PM

Did you take any Hormone replacements? If that was not an option, I'd call the doctor and see if they can give you something, anything. Somewhere I read not to eat carbohydrates after 6PM
Add some soy products to your diet, not sure - that seems to be controversial - some say it works, some say it is a placebo effect - you think it is going to work, so it does. :~)

Someone else said layer your sheets so you can remove them through the night - and pull over again - no blankets, just a few sheets.

towel under you as you sleep, if that is wet, pull it out and put a fresh one

Especially on your pillow, then you can switch it out and not wreck your pillow.

If I run into other suggestions, I'll post! but, ask your doctor, too!

Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2008, 03:08 PM

Wow do I remember that freaking out feeling. I had it bad!!! Couldn't get away from the computer. Taling about it over and over!!! Scared over surgery, pain, what else they may find.

I am 5 days post op and doing good. The 3rd day was my worst. It is not without pain. I believe it is tolerable to a point.

Got up the day of surgery and walked immediately that helped alot. Friends on here help alot too.

Knowing I needed to do this to save my life well that was another thing. It is just choices and I had to be comfortable and happy with the ones I made.

Once I did that then it was a go and no looking back and no regrets.

You are going to be fine. Many of us are having it done and we are here today to share our stories with you. That is what got me through too is all the womens stories on here and how they could do it, then I could too and the women before use could do it and we can too.

I will pray for you, you are going to be fine and on here soon telling us after in the post op how great you feel..

Best wishes and good luck, no worries.
Unread 02-04-2008, 06:36 PM

Good for you, Kim! Glad you are up and about. I remember just before the hysterectomy - online at all hours, looking for information, support, and found this site. Really saved my sanity

Going in the morning for the last ovary removal.

I'll pray for all those with nerves shaking and minds racing! (even mine, lol)

HUGS to all!
I'll post when I'm home and can type!

Carol
Unread 02-06-2008, 01:53 AM

I don't know what I'd do without this site, thanks everyone for words of support and comfort, I spend hours looking at this site - at least it gives the family a break, think they are sick of hearing about it all. I'm driving myself nuts so it must be taking it's toll on them!

I have five days to go and counting, finding it difficult to do anything apart from think about the op, anaesthetic ........ and post op!!!

I'm having trouble sleeping too.... aaarrrgggghhh!

Am I a nervous wreck or is it absolutely normal?

Deb
Unread 02-06-2008, 03:20 PM

Debz74,

You are absolutely normal. I had my TAH on January 11. Keep reading the site as it will help you with all the concerns, you can call you doc and ask as well.

Then is will be on to healing.

KJ
Unread 02-08-2008, 06:46 AM

I know just how you feel. My surgery is next Friday and I am going nuts. Yesterday I spent way too much time on the iternet only scaring myself more on the medical sites ( I am an RN). Lots of weeping on and off again last night and I too am not sleeping well. I am trying to plan for my recovery and get things lined up to help me. Since I will have a hip bone to hip bone incision we are looking at electric lift chairs this weekend has anyone tried those. Nice to have this site to vent and not make me feel like a weak blubbering idiot.
Unread 02-08-2008, 07:32 AM

Dawn

I feel like a blubbering wreck, my tears just seem to appear at the slightest thing.

I've had my pre-op today and feel a bit more reassured, I'm not sleeping well at the moment either

This site is brilliant and is helping to keep me sane

Debz
Unread 02-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Scared

taylor&doodlean:
Please stay the course... I know it is rough but as others have told me, you need to take this one step at a time.
Feel free to e-mail me if you want... I don't know what kind of cancer you are dealing with. (I have endometrial)
I had my TAH/BSO on the 31st and things are going quite well... I get my staples out today. As others said, try to stay busy... I went to a wedding, went home to visit my family, anything I could do, but sit around. I am you on ...
Pattie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register