Happy to never bleed again - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Happy to never bleed again Happy to never bleed again

Unread 05-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Re: does anyone find it strange not to be bleeding?

I'm going on 5 months now and I STILL check everytime I go potty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2009, 08:36 PM

Yep, I still check every time I go. I gave all my unused pads/tampons to a friend of mine, and was so happy to be rid of them. I guess it's just a habit to check, because I'd bled for so long...

I do find myself laughing at commericials for pads/tampons and exclaiming "Ha! I don't need those anymore!" whenever anyone is around!
Unread 05-07-2009, 12:10 AM

This may seem very odd,but I actually miss it!Even though I had become anemic from blood loss,prior to my hysterectomy.In some weird way,I miss that mysterious monthly bleeding,that painful part of womanhood.It makes me feel strangley sad,to know i will never experience it again.I know it would have stopped soon,naturally,yet I really,truly miss it.Even with the pain,mess,inconvenience,staining-I really do miss it.Strange...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2009, 04:04 AM

no bleeding, but when i consulted the dr i never had a period at all, after the put me on hrt i bled for a while before my op so i was not used to haveng periods anyway

enjoy the freedom ladies
Unread 05-07-2009, 07:04 AM

LOL - I too was asking any women I knew who had previous H's if this was normal as I totally expected to have some --- again, certainly not complaining either!! I went in while having my period, so needless to say it was quite thrilling to wake up and have it gone and know it was never coming back!! WOOHOO.
Cheers to it all being over - and yes, I will celebrate by refilling the panty drawer will all new ones too!
Unread 05-07-2009, 07:24 AM

I had a burn party and burned some tampons and my stained "granny panties." The rest of the tampons I donated to the homeless shelter. I'm in Florida and we have a burn ban here due to drought. But even one tampon and one pair burnt in a coffee can on Mother's Day would be a fun tribute. Remember those courageous ladies who burned their bras so we might have the freedoms we do today. Just saying, I did and it felt very liberating!! Also, did not have hardly any bleeding in hospital or since. There was alot of packing in my hoo-ha, as I had a vaginal. The nurse told me the packing was necessary to apply pressure to assist in stopping the bleeding. I REALLY don't miss the monthly mess and now feel more of a woman from this rite of passage. I wore a pad the first month so I could track anything going on down there. A little discharge is okay as long as its not green or smelly. TMI, I know but you need to know it all now.
Unread 05-07-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnitemoon View Post
This may seem very odd,but I actually miss it!Even though I had become anemic from blood loss,prior to my hysterectomy.In some weird way,I miss that mysterious monthly bleeding,that painful part of womanhood.It makes me feel strangley sad,to know i will never experience it again.I know it would have stopped soon,naturally,yet I really,truly miss it.Even with the pain,mess,inconvenience,staining-I really do miss it.Strange...
ladies, we have a crazy one on our hands! lol!
Unread 05-07-2009, 09:46 AM

I don't miss it, but I can understand midnitemoon's feelings. It's one of those milestones in life that make you realize a chapter is over and you can't go back. Like when your baby graduates or your kids move out. Can cause mixed feelings.
Unread 05-07-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Princess* View Post
It's a little strange - after having it so many years then POOF - it's gone. Now I keep picking out my old, stained underwear - and have to throw it back in and find a new pair. I think this weekend I'll buy all new underwear and throw that old, stained stuff away!
Princess... I saw you had a sling release on 4/14.. May I ask why? I had a sling placed when I had my surgery and am having a little bit of issues.. just wondering what was up with you? Thanks... hope it is not rude to ask.
Unread 05-07-2009, 10:14 AM

It is very weird to not bleed. I did have a discharge/bleeding for almost 6 weeks post op. But, after that .. WOOHOO... nothing. I was thinking about it just yesterday.. no more periods.. YEAH.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register