cervix?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-07-2002, 05:05 PM
cervix??

After reading on this website, I am really wondering what to do about my cervix. I see my doctor and he has not mentioned it before. I am assuming he intends to take it out. What if he will not agree to leave it? Do some doctors not believe in leaving it or don't know how ? A friend at church had hers out and she said it really messed up her sex life.
My surgery is scheduled for 7-16 and I wish I had known about this before. What should I do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2002, 05:12 PM
cervix??

Mine is out due to cervical cancer about 10 yrs ago. I am 8 weeks post op and can honestly say, I feel no difference and neither does DH. I feel more comfortable with not having to worry about future cancer scares.
Best wishes with your surgery.
Unread 07-07-2002, 05:23 PM
Cervix

There are a lot of different opinions regarding the cervix issue. On the one hand, some ladies say to keep it due to the sexual aspect, though others say not having a cervix doesn't really affect their sex life.

On the other side of the coin, you have the cancer concern with leaving the cervix, and also the possiblity of having mini-periods if you also keep your ovaries. (I just read a post over on The Road where several ladies had kept their cervix and ovaries and were having very heavy "mini" periods. They were going to have to have another surgery to remove the cervix!)

Also, with certain procedures (I think it's the TVH), the cervix cannot be left due to the nature of the surgery.

And so the debate rages.

As for me, I had my cervix removed. I didn't want to take any chance on having mini-periods or cancer. I'm not married, so the sexual issue isn't a problem, and I actually have had better ummmm, "self propelled" orgasms than before surgery.

I would suggest doing a search using the purple search button at the top of this page, and seeing what various information you can find about the pros and cons. Then try to make a decision based on your research. You don't have a lot of time, but you also need to talk to your doctor about it too.

Good luck on making your decsion. In my case, the choice was easy. My doctor doesn't leave them. But if you decide to keep yours, make sure your doctor agrees to it. If he/she won't, find another doctor who will do what you request. It's your body and your choice.

s,

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2002, 05:38 PM
Doctor at your Cerivix!!!

(Thats a line my hubby used, still cracks me up) My doctor and I had a frank talk about the cerevix in particular about having the big O. why don't you call him now and ask him about it? I would explain what my doctot told me, but as I try to type it it got a bit too graphic!
Its your body, you should know! Now is not the time to be shy. Waiting till after the surgery happens is too late.
I opted to have mine go bye bye!
Keggy
Unread 07-07-2002, 07:13 PM
cervix??

Hey Jittery..........I had TAH everything gone and evrything on this end is fine, nothing feels different in fact I think it's better.
By the way what part of Tennessee are you in I'm In Cheatham County between Nashville and Clarksville.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register