Self help for migraines anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Self help for migraines anyone? Self help for migraines anyone?

Unread 09-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Self help for migraines anyone?

Hi guys, saw Dr today as emergency appt as getting really bad migraines and dizzy spells he wont prescribe anything as I am due to see gyn next week for my four week post op check. I have just brought some MENOPACE (vitamins) to try has anybody tried this and if so how long did it take to kick in, I am tired, have zero energy and feel generally lousy, the dr did offer to put me on anti-depressants to which I refused as I am menopausal NOT depressed (in fact I feel quite happy today!!!!) My blood pressure is low also which is made worse by my hot flushes. He did ask if I would survive until next week and I said I would but by bf might not !!! Any helpful advice ?? (I had both ovaries removed and will be going onto HRT next week). My appetite is pretty much non existent but I do force myself to eat atleast once a day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2006, 03:59 PM

Hi tills
I'm sorry to hear you are suffering with the migraines. It sounds miserable. I didn't experience them but thought you might benefit from reading a good discussion found in the hormone jungle articles on Post Hyst Headaches .
I know there are a lot of members who suffer with these so you should receive some good feedback. They certainly can be hormone related. I hope you can find some answers soon that will stop them.
's,Rita
Unread 09-14-2006, 04:58 PM

ok ..This is going to sound off the wall crazy..but the best remedy is to cut a potato in half and putting the raw inside part up against your forhead.I know it sounds silly but my great grandmother swore by it and it always seemed to help. If you don't want to do that try hot rags on your forehead and cold ones on the back of your neck at the same time and then reverse it. For 15 minutes at a time. The potato is quicker to lighten the pain but some of us just can't seem to even try it. Good Luck!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2006, 06:12 PM

I took antidepressants for migraines a few years back. I was in some kind of odd migraine cycle and nothing helped. So my neurologist prescribed them. I didn't feel depressed either, but they did wonders for my headaches. In about a week they began to subside. Had to do with the seratonin level and the effect on the migraine. Have to say I have never heard the potato cure, may have to try it the next time I get one. Couldn't hurt.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register