Dr visit today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dr visit today Dr visit today

Unread 09-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Dr visit today

Well, it took all my energy to get dressed and head out to the dr's today. Got there and they said the nurse I was to see was at lunch and I would have to wait. My WhoWho was hurting so much I thought I was gonna drop right there.

Well, finally went in and got my tiny cup to pee in. Had to wipe three times with wipes before trying to hit the target. Then had to have MORE blood work....down to 3 ounces in my whole body.

The nurse then came in and I asked her how low my iron is. She looked at the report and said "It is not too low". I then insisted on getting a copy. She went to copy it and then stuck into the doorway and when I read it I almost dirtied my underwear. Normal for Iron is 15-50 and I was 5. YES, I SAID 5...JUST 4 FROM HAVING NO IRON AT ALL. My B12 is also very low. My friend had to have 2 pints of blood when her iron got down to 7.5.

I asked about the iron infusion and that I was very worried about that. She said they are very careful and inject just a little and wait for an hour to see if I have a reaction.

On the way home the wipes I used to clean before the urine test kicked in and I thought someone was holding a match down there. I was not sure I was going to make it home the pain was so bad.

Soooooo, I will know more on Friday. I told the nurse I was just about ready to give up. I am going on 4 months of solitary confinement...except for the old man and my little Chihuahua, Meha. Dang I love this dog. She has not left my side...but I am about ready to give up the ghost.

We will see.

Juanita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Dr visit today

Oh Juanita! I'm so sorry that you're still feeling such pain and fatigue. I've got to believe that if you hang in there for that iron infusion, you'll get some of your fire for life back.

One day at a time. Just one at a time. I'm glad that Meha is there for you -- I'm sure that she loves her mama as much as you love her.
Unread 09-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Dr visit today

Juanita, I'm sorry you still have not gotten some relief from all the pain and suffering you've been going through. It just seems like you always have to hurry up and wait - baffling.

Please hang in there with all your might. I just know your time for relief is coming soon.

I know what you mean about your who who. You know, when I finished with all the radiation I got silvadene cream to use there to relieve all the pain. I still get lots of pain there too at times and using that cream seems to help a lot!!

Not sure if that might help relieve the who who pain but what what could it hurt?

Anyway, I'm thinking of you always Juanita and hope you get to feeling better very soon.

Vicky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:30 AM
Dr visit today

Getting your iron and B12 levels up should make you feel much better.

Is there some kind of gentler, lubricated wipe that you could take with you to use at the doctor's office? Even with no tenderness down below, I find the packeted wipes in the rest rooms of my gynecologist and gyn onc rather rough.

Good for you for insisting that the nurse give you a copy of the report, even as you were feeling lousy.
Unread 09-03-2008, 01:39 AM
Dr visit today

Good to see you back on the message boards, Juanita...but so sorry to hear about your pain and discomfort. Praying for good news on Friday.

Kerry
Unread 09-03-2008, 02:34 AM
Dr visit today

juanita

have you tried natural yogurt? I find that it is a life saver!
Many best wishes

fiona
Unread 09-03-2008, 06:16 AM
Dr visit today

I'm sorry you're having so much pain hon! Sending prayers that the infusion will help you gain some strength and energy. When will you be having that done?
Unread 09-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Dr visit today

Awwww Juanita,
I am so sorry you are feeling so crappy. I am kind of concerned that they have not giving you more blood or at least the iron infusions. Low blood counts & low iron can cause all kinds of things including being short of breath because the oxygen has nothing to hold on to. It causes extreme tiredness & can lead to depression because you feel so lousy. Try eating more red meat especially kiver (I know most people hate it but full of iron). Insist your doctor send you to a hematologist. Hugs
Bertha
Unread 09-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Dr visit today

Thanks all for your thoughts and hints. Will try the cream, yogury a liver....I love liver.

So weak today I hope I make it through this. Today is my daughter's BD and I will have to send DH out to get a card and gift cert. How pathetic is that.

When I was in the dr's office yesterday a young woman was taking chemo and she mentioned that she hoped she was able to go to work the next day. I almost broke out bawling right there. Had to turn my head away. I feel blessed that I have not had to work during this...I would be on welfare for sure.

Juanita
Unread 09-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Dr visit today

Oh dear Juanita, hang in there just a little longer til you get that iron infusion and B12. You may find yourself to be a whole new woman after that. I am so happy to 'hear' your voice here again and send all my heartfelt prayers your way that you will soon be up, moving in comfort, out and celebrating life again. Please give your hubby a great big hug for taking good care of you and I'm not a doggy person, but a few pats to your chihuahua for his cheerful presence.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register