TAH no stitches no staples | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

no stitches no staples no stitches no staples

Unread 08-02-2012, 10:57 AM
no stitches no staples

Just steri strips
So I'm confused on how I'm being held together with tape thingies?! Has anyone else had steri strips?!
I'm on my way home now, sitting in our car while the husband is picking up a few things from the grocery store and waiting for my two prescriptions
I'm soooooo happy I chose to do this , I'm so looking forward to a better quality of life!
I got an abdominal binder from the hospital that I'm wearing now <3
Love Ciara, we made it ladies!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Re: no stitches no staples

Yes, me too. They used that on me and glue. It's been a week and all is well so I guess it worked
Unread 08-02-2012, 12:07 PM

Just glue on me when I had mine 6 weeks ago today !!!!! good luck guys hope all of you heal well >>>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2012, 03:24 PM

Hi lovely ladies,
I also had the strips and healed perfectly. according to doctor there is something in those tape strips that helps the incision heal..Take care and happy healing
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:00 PM

I had the steri strips also, i dont think they used glue, if they told me after surgery i dont remember. I am hoping to fill in those hazy details at my check up.
Unread 08-02-2012, 04:34 PM

I had the steri stripes as well. I asked the Dr. about it and she explained that she does the stitches on the inside of the incision almost backwards. She thinks it leaves for a better scar. I think it's pretty common. Maybe you have the same thing. I had no clue they did that. Oh word to the wise...Don't use lotion near the steri stripes. I used it on my tummy and it turned the steri strip into a giant sticky mess.
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:53 PM

My doc also stitched on the inside and covered the outside with the steri strips.
Unread 08-02-2012, 09:38 PM

One of my incisions that are only glued has a little bit of blood around it today. I am 7 days post op and feel great. Thinking I probably over did it. It didn't tear open so I'm not worried just think I better rest more.
Unread 08-02-2012, 09:48 PM

I also had the steri strips and glue. Dr. informed me that the stitches were on the inside. The end of the string at the opposite end of the incision was the only thing showing. At my 2 week post op appointment the Dr. removed the string. I was amazed after waking up from surgery to find something that reminded me of Saran wrap pulled across my incision. Go figure! lol!!! Good luck ladies.
Unread 08-02-2012, 11:51 PM

No external stitches for me. The dr. called it durmabond. I have a thin 7" scar above my pubic line.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register