Just found out ans SCARED to death | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just found out ans SCARED to death Just found out ans SCARED to death

Unread 05-20-2003, 01:23 PM
Just found out ans SCARED to death

Hi

I have no idea if I am postin gin the rite spot!!.

I just found out on May 16 I am getting a Hystro. All i have done is cry!!. I am so scared.
I do not even know if i need a total one or not. They are going to go in threw my stomach and it will be a surprise when I WAKE UP!!.....
I have treid so hard to hide my tears from my family. My husband works out of province. So I am alone rite now!!......
I have no one really to lean on......
I am also in my late 20's.......
Please help me.....I hope to gain alot from this site before my big day.......

Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2003, 01:32 PM

((((Jay))))

Welcome to the site. Big, big hugs to you. The crying is a really "normal" reaction - gee I felt like the biggest cry baby going when I was pre op. It really is an emotional time and it is easy to say "don't worry - you will be fine", but I know it won't stop you worrying and it won't stop the emotions.

Best advice I can give you - is keep reading, keep posting and have a list of questions ready for when you see your doctor next and find out all you can. This site was invaluable to me when I was pre op and I just learnt so much that I never knew about my body and what was actually going to happen and how I would possibly feel after the op. And the ladies here are just amazing!!!

I also went through the emotionally rollercoaster when I found out I would need a hysterectomy. For me personally, all went well and 17 months later I am doing really well. The first day post op was a bit rough, but from day 2 on, I just got better and better each day and never looked back.

Hang in there - the waiting is the hardest part for sure.

Hugs and regards
Unread 05-20-2003, 01:53 PM

Thanks

I was not sure if i was posting rite so I did not type everything out. I even spelt my name WRONG! :*(.

I had a scope done in July of 2002, then another in Oct 2002. I have had so many ultra Sounds stomach and Vaginal

I have not had a cycle in over 4 years. I have been on about 12 different medications to bring it on but nothing has worked.

I have my overives dangle to where i can feel them and hurt all the time, I am always in constant pain. I hardly ever have intercourse with my husband. I feel so guilty at times. Even when he is at home.

He seems to be understanding but I am sure he hurts alot as well!
My uteris is also not normal. That also adds to the pain. At times I am in so much pain I am doubled over in tears and just want to die.

My doctor has been putting it off do to my age. But we have come to tearms that it has to be done. As my overies are falling further down.

I also have to accept it is my fault there will be no children :*(!!

I hope by the time my operation comes I can accept all of this.

Jaye
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2003, 02:45 PM
Jaye, I just read your post...

...and the one thing that jumped out at me was where you say:

"I also have to accept it is my fault there will be no children :*(!!"

It is NOT YOUR "FAULT!" You didn't choose for this to happen to you...it sounds like you've been unable to have a cycle for a while now. There are other alternatives, as you know...as hard as it is, it doesn't mean you cannot be a mother...

I know you're dealing with a lot right now. I am SO glad you found this site...It has been a Godsend for me, and I'm sure it will be for you to.

It is scary to face surgery...but this is a great resource and I suggest you READ as much as you can and ask ANY question you may have. That's what we're here for.

I will pray for you that you'll find the strength and peace of mind to be able to accept the right course of action...

Unread 05-21-2003, 01:23 PM

Hope you dont mind i am bring this to the top

Thanks

Jaye
Unread 05-21-2003, 08:00 PM

I was 18 when I was first told that I needed a hysterectomy. I had pelvic inflammatory disease really bad. I saw countless doctors from the time I was 18-20 who all told me the same thing. When I so tired of being in constant agonizing pain, I gave into having laparoscopic surgery. I had signed paperwork that said that if they found something really badly infected that they could take it out. Thank goodness everything was ok the day I had the surgery.

I am now 47 and I'm faced with having it done for real. I've known since October but won't be able to have it until the holidays. I think that everyone goes through the tears :cry: and the fears that are associated with it. It's like we have lost part of our womanhood.

I really do love this site because you will find out that what you're feeling is perfectly normal most of the time.

Debbie
Unread 05-21-2003, 08:14 PM
I'm so sorry

I'm new to this whole thing too. I have nothing to add except a big hug to you. I know how you feel and I'm so sorry that you are alone.

Please call a girlfriend and get in the company of someone, get a real big hug and allow yourself to cry. Don't let anyone tell you it's not a big deal because it is.

I'll be thinking about you.
Unread 05-23-2003, 07:08 AM
Scared, too.

This is my first post. A friend pointed me to this website.

I will find out my surgery date from the Dr today... sometime before mid-June. And, all of this news is very sudden... from the "routine" visit to the gyn, sonogram and MRI... has been only 2 weeks.

I'm scared to death. The tumor is supposedly huge, and of course the pathology will be done while I'm under. I won't "know" until I wake up. And, I'll find out alone. My family lives too far away to be here for me. My mother is 80 and not in the best of health herself.

Thank you all for being here. Your advise and experiences are enormously helpful.

--Meryl
Unread 05-23-2003, 07:26 AM

I can so sympathies with you all. I was told I had a huge mass? (11cm) and could think of nothing else for the 5 weeks i had to wait.It was like i had liposuction to my brain and that was all that was left I had my tah/bso +removal of mass 10 days ago and i feel great. found out 2 days ago that the mass was totally benign and am now looking forward to a painfree life. sure you will all be as lucky as me best wishes HEATHER

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register