How has this changed your relationship with your husband or SO? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How has this changed your relationship with your husband or SO? How has this changed your relationship with your husband or SO?

Unread 10-20-2005, 05:40 AM
How has this changed your relationship with your husband or SO?

My husband was wonderful...and I was surprised. It was hard for him in the hospital...I was there 5... days but once we came home he has been there. Took a lot on working...cooking...cleaning...laundry... a TEENAGER...and barely complained.I see him in a new way~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2005, 05:55 AM

What husband? He was bleeding me dry long before my body. He was cut out 17 years ago Christmas Eve (failed to home and I had to work and you don't call in sick to a TV station on Christmas Eve). My sister came for a week as my mom isn't very supportive; she's the kind that tells you to suck it up and live with it and she trusts all Drs. without question. My sister would have stayed longer if I had needed her too because of complications and I have another sister and a brother that could have come too in a pinch. My teenage son, 16 1/2, has been a great help. My daughter would have been but she's at college; surgery was planned to allow me to get her back and move her into her new dorm before. I feel for the woman who don't have any family to lean on. If I had it to do over again I would have hired a younger teenager to take some of the load off of my poor son.
Unread 10-20-2005, 08:44 AM

My husband of one year has been awesome he wanted to stay home with me for a week but we couldnt afford it so I have my girlfriends on call for me. But he calls me on every break and at lunch. Even when I was crying and feeling so horrible Monday when I couldnt pee and then I was so constipated he came and gave me a big hug said I love you and to get some rest it will be alright. So I know I found my life partner for sure. He has been great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2005, 09:07 AM

You are all so lucky. I am lucky that my mom and sis are here with me. Not only do they have to take care of me (with complications) they also have to take care of dh. He still wants dinner cooked, his laundry done, the bills paid, the plants watered, the trash taken out, the banking done, the grocery shopping done, his lunch packed, to go out to dinner when he feels like it, to watch tv with him, to let the cats in on the bed to walk on my tummy, etc. etc. I love him but spoiled him many, many years ago. So it is my own fault that he is that way. I wait on him "hand and foot" and have for over 20 years. I am truly blessed that my mom and sister are able & willing to take care of me as well as taking care of him and "putting up" with both of our grumpiness. Please don't get me wrong...I love him and I believe in his own way he loves me. But you guys that have hubbies willing to care for you and doctor you and fetch for you, etc. are truly blessed.
Unread 10-20-2005, 10:03 AM

I have been blessed with a great husband also. He stayed home for 2 weeks and took care of everything including the kids. And that's a job since we homeschool so they are home all day. But I needed him here since for the first 5 days I couldn't get off the couch without help. Had he gone back to work I would have been stuck there! Plus he loves to cook so I had good meals that whole 2 weeks. I think it helped to make my recovery faster. He know I would have been up doing things no matter what had he not done them or had to go back to work. With him home he made sure I rested. We don't have any family near by. But I feel only my parents would have helped. They said they would have taken the kids for the procedure but they are 3 hours away. But that is only because my mom has had the same surgery. For most people (in my family) they didn't think it the same as major surgery since I left the hospital 24 hours after. OH WELL my husband understood and he was the one taking care of me and that was all that mattered!
Unread 10-20-2005, 11:37 AM

I thought we knew every little detail about each other (we are best friends and soulmates) but thru this we really learned alot.
Unread 10-20-2005, 12:00 PM

skiier teach I am so sorry you have not had a good experience. Yes, those of us who have the support truly are blessed and somehow we need to let those husbands of ours know it. I think they deserve medals for being there through such a hard time and I can say that my husband did not complain. How could I have been so afraid before the surgery to think he would not be able to handle all that would come with the hyst? Mood swings, pain, crying etc. Thank you God for giving this man to me. By the way we met 10 years ago at our 20 year high school reunion and it turns out he had always had a crush on me in high schoool but I never knew it. God really does have a plan for us and I am so grateful I was able to see it.
Unread 10-20-2005, 12:17 PM

You all have such sweet stories about your hubbies. I do miss having one, but I don't miss the pain he caused. Perhaps someday I'll meet someone who wants to be my best friend.
Unread 10-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Dear Honey message board

You may be interested in posting a "Dear Honey" message to your mate. Here's a link to the message board created just for that purpose.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=193
Unread 10-20-2005, 12:46 PM

Hang in there skiier teacher..he's out there and you will find him when you least expect it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register