Pain/spotting 5 Mos. Post-Op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain/spotting 5 Mos. Post-Op? Pain/spotting 5 Mos. Post-Op?

Unread 05-22-2006, 07:46 AM
Pain/spotting 5 Mos. Post-Op?

Hi!
I had LAVH in Dec. 05' and I felt really great until 3 weeks ago. I started having the old endo pains again and light spotting?
I'm a bit confused with the spotting because I had my uterus and cervix removed, I got to keep my ovaries.
I called my Dr. and I'm having an ultrasound this Fri.
Just curious if anyone here has experienced this or has any thoughts on what may be causing the spotting.
I understand that since I have my ovaries, the endo could be back and that's where that pain may be coming from.
But the spotting is baffling me.
Thanks in advance!
You Ladies have always been a Great help to me!!!

All the Best,
Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2006, 09:25 AM

hi there
I never had any endo so don't know what that feels like.
I did have some spotting at about 12 weeks, but it was after having sex and lifting some things that I probably shouldn't have. . .
I'm glad your doctor has scheduled an ultrasound. That sounds like a very good idea. I hope everything goes well !
Unread 05-22-2006, 11:28 AM

HI Laurie,
I have my cervix and have had spotting 3 times since surgery, each lasting a few days. Dr can't figure it out either. He thinks it might be endo on the cervix. Keep us posted! Hugs Raymo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2006, 03:03 PM

Glad to hear you're checking this further. Some ladies have had spotting with granulation, though I had that without the spotting. Just a thought.

52, TAH/BSO
Unread 05-23-2006, 09:06 AM

Hi Ladies!
Thank You all so much for your responses and well wishes!!! I love the women on this site!! All of you have been so helpful and supportive since I was pre-op.

eslteach~ I have the granulation with the spotting as well. It's been everyday for 3 weeks now.

raymo~ Thank You for the hugs and for sharing.

Beamer7~Thank You for your sharing and for your well wishes!

This all started when I was teaching my little girl (6) how to ride her bike without training wheels and I was jogging slowly beside her to catch her if she fell.
The spotting started the next day along with the pains!
Great news is that she learned how to ride her big girl bike in about an hour and a half! And she's been riding everyday since.

I'll keep everyone posted! Wish me luck!

All the Best,
Laurie
Unread 05-26-2006, 09:34 PM

Hi Ladies!
I had my ultrasounds today. But didn't get to see my Dr. I was kind of mad. But, what can I do? She was supposed to call with the results. But, nothing yet. Hopefully she will call tues. since this is a holiday weekend. Keep me in your prayers please, that this is not the endo returning? Thank you!

All the Best,
Laurie
Unread 05-26-2006, 11:38 PM

I am glad your DD learned to ride her bike. It is very possible that jogging along and helping her has caused your body to protest, especially if you have already had granulation issues. It can actually be many months before you are completely healed. I am glad you followed up with your dr and I hope your results are fine.

I, too, have endo and kept my ovaries and it seems anything that gets upset in my pelvic and abdomen region makes everything there miserable. I still have endo (some was left on my bowel walls) and I do feel tugging, pulling sensation which is the endo, adhesions, and scar tissue. However, none of that will show up on an ultrasound. And once I stopped bleeding three months post op, I never bled again. If you have a cyst it will show up on an ultrasound, but that doesn't explain the bleeding, unless you are again having granulation issues on your vaginal cuff.

Best wishes to you for the weekend! in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register