Question about the daVinci? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about the daVinci? Question about the daVinci?

Unread 06-19-2012, 08:03 AM
Question about the daVinci?

I will be having the daVinci Sugery on Friday morning. I am trying to be as prepared as possible. I will be staying at my Grandmother's house for a day or so after untill I can get in and out of my bed. Our bed is on the floor and I do not see how I can manage that the next day. What is a realistic time for me to be able to go home. My 10 year old DD is really stressing about Mommy being go for so long. There are a lot of Info about setting up your recovery space ect. But I think the time limits might be wrong ( to long) for this type of surgery. I am told by my Dr that is is a very fast recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2012, 08:13 AM
Re: Question about the daVinci?

I had this surgery and it was wonderful! It was much easier with a bed high off the floor, have lots of pillows to prop on, I was up and about in one week. Good luck!
Unread 06-19-2012, 08:16 AM

I had the surgery Thursday and it was very hard to me to function the first two days...I'm on day five and feeling a TON better...stopped taking pain meds Sunday morning and was able to function somewhat and the pain was bearable...but you have to make sure you don't overdue yourself, my doctor told me to take it easy for 2 weeks, no cleaning, no cooking etc....cannot lift up to 10 lbs. for 4 weeks, so it's no joke, so even if you feel good, don't push yourself, you could regret it in the long run!!! I wish you the best come Friday!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2012, 10:44 AM

I had surgery 8 days ago and have done great. My recovery has been very easy. If you think your bed being low will be a problem what about sleeping on the couch? By 3 days post op I was back to my normal routine, even the first 3 days I was functioning close to normal. I consider my only down day as the day of surgery. My doc said my recovery was pretty normal.
Unread 06-19-2012, 10:57 AM

HI!
I am three wks post op from a da vinci hysterectomy and I feel amazing. Best thing I've every done!
Unread 06-19-2012, 11:36 AM

I go for mine on Thursday. Hoping I recover as fast as some of you guys!!! It just seems too good to be true!

Good luck to you Ari'el!
Unread 06-19-2012, 11:41 AM

Just don't rush the recovery. I had daVinci in January and had a pretty easy recovery. I think you're right that the bed on the floor might be difficult to maneuver, but the couch is a good idea. Some ladies like a couch or a recliner because of the support it can provide. I used a wedge on the bed the first few nights to elevate my upper body to help with the gas that they use to inflate your abdomen. A friend advised that, and I guess it worked. :-)

Your daughter is old enough to be helpful and that will probably alleviate some of her anxiety. Tell her that you can't lift heavy things (my limit was 10 pounds for two weeks, I think) or bend much and she will probably be glad to help.

You should plan to get lots of rest. If you end up needing less, so much the better, but plan towards the most caution.

No matter how good you feel, DO NOT OVERDO!! You don't want to set back your recovery.

Best of luck to you!
Unread 06-19-2012, 11:48 AM

I had my DaVinci last Monday. I only took pain pills the first two days. My am fortunate that my recovery has been very easy. No trouble peeing after surgery, no significant pain, bm's about three days after, and no bad gas pains that a lot of princesses complain about. I continue to take it easy. The sofa might be a good solution. Good Luck! Think positive thoughts!

Sara
Unread 06-19-2012, 12:17 PM

I had the DaVinci Thursday and the first two days I couldn't do much other than get to the bathroom on my own. I did too much Sat night, meaning stayed sitting up for dinner and hanging out with family, walked around the backyard and then took a shower. I was probably up for about an hour and a half and then was hurting about an hour later. I haven't taken anything for pain today and did take one pain pill yesterday. My cramping is mild to moderate. I walk very gingerly because jiggling causes discomfort. The most discomfort I am having currently is with trying to have a bowel movement. The last time I went was Wed. and my stomach is distended. I started taking laxatives and stool softeners yesterday so hopefully this will be taken care of before too long. I have also been sleeping on the sofa because it's easier to get up/down and use lots of pillows for reclining. I hope this helps you out! Wishing you the best for Friday!
Unread 06-19-2012, 12:36 PM

Thank you Ladies for all the reply's. The couch is not an option for me but I am glad to hear about ya'll recovery's. Good luck on Thursday sealed02.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register