tummy tuck question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tummy tuck question tummy tuck question

Unread 12-13-2003, 07:03 PM
tummy tuck question

hello :-)
i was reading on the main preop page where a woman asked about getting a tummy tuck and a few women responded that they had gotten one. i was wondering, is this done by the OBGYN who is performing the surgery or does one have to seek out a plastic surgeon to come in after the hysterectomy?

thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2003, 07:22 PM
tummy tuck question

thanks for asking lol i was about to ask the same thing
would be nice if they did that while on the table with the hyst
huggs Karlene [color=darkred]
Unread 12-13-2003, 07:26 PM
tummy tuck question

Quote:
Originally posted by Karlene67
i was about to ask the same thing
would be nice if they did that while on the table with the hyst
huggs Karlene [color=darkred]
i agree, i would be so happy to get it done then and there! i have had 2 csections and 1 surgery using my csection scar, so my belly is sad-looking. it's not so much fat as just loose skin (though there is more fat than i would like LOL), if they could just tighten it up a bit, i would be giddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2003, 07:30 PM
tummy tuck question

I asked my gyn before the surgery if we could do a tummy tuck too. He said how tall are you? At first I was excited that he may say yes. Then he gave me some advice on how to lose some weight and work on my belly afterward Then he told me he would have to get a plastic surgeon and insurance wouldn't pay for it and it would be about 5000 dollars. So I guess it will be up to me to work on my belly.
Unread 12-13-2003, 07:34 PM
tummy tuck question

Quote:
Originally posted by ShellyMinell
I asked my gyn before the surgery if we could do a tummy tuck too. He said how tall are you? At first I was excited that he may say yes. Then he gave me some advice on how to lose some weight and work on my belly afterward Then he told me he would have to get a plastic surgeon and insurance wouldn't pay for it and it would be about 5000 dollars. So I guess it will be up to me to work on my belly.
only $5000??? nice! i was thinking it would be much more expensive, i will have to ask my gyn if she can pull a plastic surgeon in...
Unread 12-13-2003, 08:14 PM
tummy tuck question

I'm having a "mini" tuck with my hysterectomy. I went to the plastic surgeon to see about fixing my ugly 3X c-section scar. It was going to be $2800 to fix the scar, or he said we could do a mini tuck for $5300. The difference in price was not much, so I opted to have tight abs again. I don't really feel like I need the tuck, but it feels nice to do something for myself for a change.
Unread 12-13-2003, 09:06 PM
tummy tuck question

well i use to be proud of my belly i had 5 c/sechions and dint work hard on it but my belly went flat so pretty and i loved to show it off in 2 pice swim sutes well 3 years ago this jan 2 i had a 9cm cyst removed and was cut from hip to hip just like my c/sechtion was and yes on the same scar but sad to say i now have a belly and gained about 40 pounds and there is no way that i would get in a 2 pice sute again so if they can do something with my tummy to make it look good again thats gr8 but to tell the truth i dont have that kind of money to do that and will just have to work on it lol
huggs karleneotion:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register