I think I overdid it this week :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think I overdid it this week :( I think I overdid it this week :(

Unread 04-13-2006, 11:25 AM
I think I overdid it this week :(

Hi everyone, Well today marks my fourth week from surgery. I ended up going to school this week and it didnt go very well. I have alot of walking on campus plus I had to bring my books and this has caused alot more pain! In fact when I get home from school I have to go to bed and it hurts so bad that I cannot move. My incision is still burning and I am having the sharp cramps in my lower abdmonen plus really sharp pains in my lower back! I think it might have been a little early to return to school, but I was behind and getting alot of pressure from one of my professors. I have my post-op appt on monday so I am hoping that all this is normal and I havent done anything to myself. I was wanting to go back to work and school next week but I dont think that will happen, its hard for me to make it through the day without working at night too! thanks for listening.

take care,
tara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2006, 11:34 AM

Tara, could you possibly get a wheeled cart to pull your books? Something to take some of the pressure off? It sounds like you have done too much, and need some real rest. I feel for you, I am in the same boat.

I think your going to have to figure out another way to handle this school thing, what if you just go to some classes each week? I bet most of your professors would work something out for you. You have to let yourself get better so that you can get back to normal again.

Hope you can work out a solution!
Betts
Unread 04-13-2006, 11:36 AM

Wow! It does sound like you are doing quite a bit! It has only been 4 weeks. I took this semester off from school so I don't have to worry about it. I can't imagine lugging my books all over campus......it would tire me out occasionally before!
If you are not feeling up to it....then take some more time for yourself. Can you maybe attend only a few classes and maybe alternate between which ones you attend on which days? Maybe find someone from each class that could record the lecture for you and meet with you to discuss class?
I hope you feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2006, 11:38 AM

Can you email your profs and just let them know what is going on and go to class more sporadically. Just a thought. Hopefully, some of them can be compassionate...
I am planning to go back to work at 4 weeks and you do give thought for concern!!!
Unread 04-13-2006, 11:38 AM

If the professor that's giving you pressure is a man, maybe he's in need of a "penisectomy". Sorry--maybe that's mean, but it bothers me when people assume that just because we look fine on the outside, we're fine and ready to go on as usual. Since you only get one chance to heal properly, you need to do what's best for your body right now. Take care of you.

Unread 04-13-2006, 12:41 PM

lol kitkat1 the penisectomy was hilarious. I didn't think that it was mean. if men only knew....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register