How did you feel at 2.5 weeks after LAVH? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How did you feel at 2.5 weeks after LAVH? How did you feel at 2.5 weeks after LAVH?

Unread 03-17-2007, 09:29 AM
How did you feel at 2.5 weeks after LAVH?

I had a LAVH on 2/27. Cervix and uterus removed but kept both ovaries and tubes. I have had a few hotflashes but ovaries I believe have kicked in because I am sleeping much better, have a sense of well being, if that makes sense. My question is this, I have never had any surgery nor a C section so have nothing to base this on. Where were you 2.5 weeks out if you had a LAVH? I don't have pain, more of a sore muscle pain. I have another check-up 4/4. I still have not driven and still taking it REALLY easy. Am I being TOO paranoid? I wish my appt was sooner so I knew if I am healing ok, etc. and what restrictions can be lifted or not.

DH went back to work , DD is still in Europe, (now in London for all the UKsisters and loving it) Twins on spring break, but did manage to have them mop and vacuum. That was interesting. Never knew that you could make large smears on ceramic tile! and me sitting around wondering when it is too soon to move?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2007, 11:15 AM

It's been almost two years since my LAVH so I had to go back through my old posts to see how I was doing but this was something I posted 18 days after surgery...

"You know what? I felt better the first week after my LAVH then I do right now....

I've kept a calendar/journal of how I feel day to day so when I finally see my doctor tomorrow...I can discuss it all with him. Seems like everyday, there's something new. The first week of the calendar is blank...then I started filling the days in. This morning...my normal backache is magnified to the nth degree.

Did I overdo it yesterday? Maybe...some dusting and straightening, cooked dinner, a little driving but I feel like I should be feeling better than I am."

So I don't think you're being paranoid. I did try to "rush" my recovery so I could go back to work earlier and that backfired. I was home a full six weeks. My kids did okay for a while but with no physical reminder of the surgery, they became less understanding as time went by - I didn't look like I had surgery (fixed that by leaving photos of my surgery on the coffee table for a couple of days!).

Just take care of you and play it by ear.

Good luck! Lori
Unread 03-17-2007, 11:36 AM

Thank you Lori! How do you feel now? I hope great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Felt ok

HI Ibeshoppin,
I am 4 weeks post op now at 2 .5 I was Ok. I was doing light house work (look at checkpoints for help) to keep moving. I had a prolapse repair also, and I had read not to lift at all. So I was not lifting anything.
I had a LAVH, BSO with A&P repairs , I am 55 no a spring chicken , when I return to work I will be on my feet 12 hours a day, soI have to prepare myself for that and I work at it each day to see how much I can stand , when I start to feel some twangs of pain, I rest.

Good luck to you and hope you are well.
Unread 03-17-2007, 12:37 PM

Hi Keikom:

Yes, that is exactly how I would describe how I feel. OK. Not horrendous, not fabu, but ok! Thanks for the reference to the checkpoints, didn't see them until now. VERY helpful.

Ibeshoppin
Unread 03-17-2007, 01:07 PM

You're welcome, let me know of your ongoing progress
Unread 03-17-2007, 01:15 PM

Hi there,
I also had a LAVH. Mine was on the 22nd February and I spent many days wondering when I would start to feel better. I have to say by the 3 week mark to the exact day I have felt somewhat like my old self again. Up until then I was sleeping a lot during the day and doing little other than the occasional walk around the house and garden. Now I can stay awake all day and I have even been doing some light housework and sorting and tidying cupboards, drawers, paperwork etc. I feel much better just being out of bed and doing something. I guess our bodies know when we are ready and they just click in somehow I did find that I also had to change my mind set, I told myself that it was time to stop being 'a patient' (I have been waited on hand and foot by my hubby and my mum has been coming over and doing all of my housework!) I now feel that it's time to take control of my own recovery and each day I do a little bit more and the more I do the better I feel! So think positive and I hope that within half a week you will be feeling somewhat like your old self again. Best wishes to you, happy healing, regards Petad
Unread 03-17-2007, 01:40 PM

I had my LAVH w/BSO on 1/25/07. She took everything cervix, uterus, tubes, ovaries. I am 7 weeks postop now. The first week postop I was tired. Walked laps in the house, and took daily naps. Weeks 2 & 3 I continued to walk daily laps. I was off any pain meds since 1 week postop. I was walking on my treadmill, slower and shorter that usual, but walking. I had about 200 vaginal stitches to make the vaginal wall, so thats where all my discomfort came from. I could not sit in straight backed chairs, very uncomfortable. I was more comfortable in a recliner.When I was 5 weeks postop my DH and I flew to Arizona to visit my son. I was there till 6 weeks postop. I could not of handled the trip any sooner than that. I still am uncomfortable from the vaginal stitches. They are all dissolved, but I have an area of granulation tissue that is not completely healed yet. Take it easy. At 1 weeks postop my doctor told me I could drive if I was off all pain meds, but only to drive if it was necessary. At 2 1/2 weeks postop I was not driving. Actually I only drove a few times for the 6 weeks. Listen to your body. I think I overdid it, and ignored pain, and thats why my incision site is still uncomfortable. You are not paranoid. Good luck.
Yvonne
Unread 03-17-2007, 01:41 PM

Hi Petad:

My Mom is in a different state so I hired a housekeeper once a week until I can do it myself. It was worth it to me to feel like she was getting the house clean once a week and would not tempt me to do it. DH is awesome. He is an US Air Force pilot and is gone a lot. I think he finally figured out all I do while he is deployed for months and months.

I agree with you on taking control of ones recovery. I just need to stay awake enough to do it! :timeup:

Thank you and feel well!
Unread 03-17-2007, 02:23 PM

Yh43:

WOW 200 stitches? Is that normal for a LAVH. I figured I was stitched there but 200?!?!

I do feel something in the vaginal area more of a feeling, not pain. I am with ya on the straight back chair thing. It is easier now but at first I was in the soft chair all the time!

Funny story, DH just brought the mail in and said, laughing....."Enough of the shopping off the TV." I have been tad bored!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register