happy 6 week check up | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

happy 6 week check up happy 6 week check up

Unread 08-02-2013, 10:35 AM
happy 6 week check up

I had my 6 week check-up on Monday and everything is healing well. I had an abdominal total hysterectomy with everything removed.
I started HRT (Premarin) 2 days after the op on the doctor's advice as I'm 46 and hadn't yet started to go through the menopause before the surgery. So far I'm happy with this decision but I plan to investigate everything I can about the menopause and HRT when I feel I have recovered a bit more and when my body might be better able to cope with more changes. Any advice about HRT or not from you lovely ladies would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Re: happy 6 week check up

I have been on estrogen since 10 days post op and I have been using progesterone for over a month. I have learned a few things along the way so far. First, if you try something new, try to be patient and give it 6-8 weeks to see if it helps. You can really throw things off by switching HRT often. I needed more estrogen as I lost weight, and that seems to be common. If you find something that works well for you, then leave it alone. Lots of stress and heat can cause you to need more estrogen. Finally, many women, including my doc are in no hurry to stop taking HRT. My doc says she'll use it as long as she needs it, and they'll pry it from her cold, dead, hands! I can't imagine tapering or going off HRT in the near future, but apparently I'm not so great at predicting the future. The best advice I can give is do research using reputable sources and keep a symptom diary.
Unread 08-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Re: happy 6 week check up

Thanks Elsie1122.
Things are ok at the moment and I haven't noticed anything different about myself since the surgery so the Premarin is suiting me so far. I'm in good health in general and am not on any other medications. I'm so happy that I'm at this stage of the recovery and everything is ok - I'm not going to mess it up now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register