PMS still? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-31-2006, 07:33 AM
PMS still?

For women who have kept one or both ovaries, just wondering, since we're still going to cycle, does that mean PMS still? I would guess, yes, since that's a hormonal thing, just wondering from women who are further down the road than me. Am I right?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2006, 07:53 AM
PMS still?

Hi newyorkgal, I still get pms symptoms - sore breasts, a little bit of crampiness and mood swings/crying for no particular reason - like I did before, but my symptoms are nothing comparied to before my surgery. For me, it is minor stuff and I do not get the huge tummy bloat like I used to. I have one ovary left. And NO miserable period!
Unread 05-31-2006, 08:59 AM
PMS still?

Thanks for the post NY Gal. I'm wondering the same thing!! I guess as long as the miserable pain and overflow (sorry tmi) with menstruating is gone and the tummy bloat, I guess it would be a 95% improvement!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2006, 09:48 AM
PMS still?

Shelly,

I'm with you. Once I'm released from house arrest (I see the doc tomorrow!) and am allowed back to work, I realize I'll be able to accept work any day. I'm an actress and trying to figure out which will be the worse days and not working on them is hard. But as I was bleeding through an ultra tampon and a maxi pad every 45 minute to an hour for the first 2-3 days of my period, I couldn't work those days. I had one very embarrassing day on the set of a film where we were working for about 2.5 hours before a break and I knew I couldn't sit as I would have bled through the costume. When we finally broke, I dashed off to the bathroom where I found the worst mess. The set nurse came in and wardrobe had to replace some of my costume...it was awful!!!!! I was mortified! Since then, I have had to turn down work rather than go through that again!

I figured I'd have some PMS symptoms and I'm happy about that as I didn't want to have to do hrt or be thrust into menopause. It's just a little too early for that for me. I was just curious how much.

Happy Healing to everyone!
Unread 05-31-2006, 12:03 PM
PMS still?

I am almost 7 weeks post-op with both ovaries. I have had 2 "periods" which I can only base on PMS sxs such as tender breasts. It is very strange to have PMS without the bleeding. Do we still count from 28-30 days since the last onset of PMS sxs to know when to expect them again??? Continued good healing to all
Unread 06-01-2006, 10:43 AM
PMS still?

hey nycgirl i can so relate to your periods mine were exactly like that. i'm at 4 week mark and wondering about pms. i over did it mentally not so much physical and had a mini migraine yesterday. i would get them before my periods if i was under any stress. weird. but i guess it could be hormonal???
Unread 06-01-2006, 10:59 AM
PMS still?

well, lovbirds, if you still have your ovaries, you will still cycle and that includes the hormonal flux so i wouldn't be surprised.

i just got back from my first post-op appt and i'm free!!! well with some restrictions. of course the whole thing exhausted me so i'm off to nap! *grin*

take care of yourself! happy healing!
Unread 06-01-2006, 11:39 AM
PMS still?

I would get migrains 3-4 times a year on the second day of my cycle. Yup, you still get it, I got a migrain last week for 2 days! I'll take that every month as long as I don't get what I use

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register