dVH/RALH Pelvic Floor pressure/feels like it is going to fall out | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pelvic Floor pressure/feels like it is going to fall out Pelvic Floor pressure/feels like it is going to fall out

Unread 02-15-2011, 06:47 AM
Pelvic Floor pressure/feels like it is going to fall out

I had daVinci 1/12. Everything has been great. Yesterday and today I have had no pain, but pressure in my pelvic floor area and my vajayjay feels like it wants to fall out. I have not had sex yet and have been doing keegels off and on since surgery.
Normal?
Suggestions?

TMI--- I feel like I want to run to the bathroom "stuff" it back in and do the longest keegel of my life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2011, 07:05 AM
Re: Pelvic Floor pressure/feels like it is going to fall out

I had vaginal pressure for the first 4 weeks post-op. It was very uncomfortable and would get worse when I overdid it. At week 5 it went away. If it is as bad as you say you should call your doctor. I hope you feel better....
Unread 02-15-2011, 07:11 AM

I am waiting for them to open to call now. It is not too bad, but I have a high tolerance. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2011, 07:27 AM

Hello, a couple months after my dvH,
I felt some pressure. Especially with a full bowel and /or bladder. It took a few months before every thing seem to adjust to their new positions. What you are experiencing could be a normal part of the healing process,but if I were you I would check with the Dr. that did your sx to make sure it is not a bladder or vaginal prolapse.
Let us know what you find out. Hope you feel better real soon!
Unread 02-15-2011, 04:53 PM

Called the doc. and had to go in for a quick check. I have a VERY MILD prolapse from lifting too much too soon. I have a few things to do and am VERY restricted on lifting anything. I go back next week. He said I caught it early and am lucky. WHEW glad I listened to my body. I will be following his exact instructions from now on as I do not want to deal with a prolapse.
Unread 02-15-2011, 06:33 PM

So glad you got checked out Take it easy
Unread 06-01-2011, 08:34 PM

THis is how I am feeling at 5 weeks........i really haven't done alot of physical activity but have been at hospital long housr with my Dad as he had a heat attack. I feel so whimpish because my Surgeon cleared me at 2 weeks to do anything I wanted including lifting furniture.. I\most days I would rate my pain a 10 and I am very tolerant of pain
Unread 06-01-2011, 09:34 PM

What is the risk of prolapse for women who had the davinci?
Unread 06-02-2011, 11:15 AM

I feel this same downward pressure too, and I just assumed it was part of the healing process. My doctor has me limited to lifting no more than 15 pounds for the first 6 weeks post-op. I have followed her recommendation, so I don't think what I am feeling is abnormal.

Sorry about your Dad, Peddlerqueen. The long hours at the hospital have got to be so difficult for you.

Maybe you need to contact your doctor about your pain. It seems unusual for you to be in such intense pain from the lap. surgery this far out from your surgery date. I am no expert here, but ....maybe it wouldn't hurt to be safe.
Unread 06-02-2011, 07:33 PM

Thanks for responding,Talked to the office today and the NP wanted to schedule me for an appointment in 2 weeks...I am so upset. I am gonna call in the morning and just insist on seeing a Nurse or someone..... I do not believe I can do this for 2 more weeks. I am at my wits end!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register