Pain over a year later! | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain over a year later! Pain over a year later!

Unread 04-19-2013, 05:19 AM
Pain over a year later!

Hi ladies,

I had my operation in Jan 2012 - the hysterectomy was necessary after a myomectomy 2 months before revealed pre-cancer cells.

I recovered quite well and went back to work after 5 weeks, but the pain never really went away completely. Last November I saw my surgeon about this and she sent me for a scan which revealed a small cyst on my left ovary, but nothing requiring surgery. She said that the pain is probably a mixture of this and scar tissue due to having two operations so closely together. I have pain medication but it makes me drowsy - not good when you're a teacher! - so I try to avoid taking it.

Does anyone have any advice? Has anyone experienced the same thing? I'm not doubled up in agony or anything but the pain is always there and it's making me miserable!

Thanks,

Christina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2013, 06:05 AM
Re: Pain over a year later!

I know some people have tried accupuncture with some success. You might want to look into that. I hope you can find some relief from your pain.
Unread 04-19-2013, 02:55 PM

Thanks for your reply - I'm a little doubtful about acupuncture to be honest but I'll try anything once!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2013, 04:31 PM

Hi Steena, Sorry to hear that you are still in pain. Can you doctor give you a different type of pain pill? I have one that is basically a prescription strength Motrin that helps on days when I feel discomfort. I also ended up having 15 sessions of physical therapy which helped so much to break up some of that scar tissue. We both had our surgeries a year ago and we are both teachers do I know it is frustrating to not feel well but the pt did wonders for me since most of my pain was being caused by scar tissue forming too close to nerves. I hope and pray you find some answers and relief.
Unread 04-20-2013, 02:05 AM

Thank you 12chipmunk, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one living with this! I've met some other women who bounced back very quickly after their operations so it's frustrating that this hasn't been my case!
I've already tried other pain pills - the only one that really works is codeine but that just makes me feel stoned! I'll speak to my doctor again though, and ask about physical therapy.
Thanks again for your help and best of luck!
Christina
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:57 AM

hi I'm sorry you are still in pain. I had my op 13 months ago and still in pain. I am, on tramadol and gabapentin for the pain. hope youll be ok soon xxxxx
Unread 05-07-2013, 12:47 AM

Thanks suecymru. I'm taking painkillers too but I'm trying to find a long term solution as I don't think popping pills for the rest of my days is ideal. I'm looking into other things as suggested by the other ladies. Best of luck to you, hope you'll feel better soon!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register