when do your staples come out? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

when do your staples come out? when do your staples come out?

Unread 02-17-2006, 08:44 PM
when do your staples come out?

I am 3.5 weeks out and had a vaginal hysterectomy just the uterus and cervic. But after they were done with surgery and about to move me a bed and wheel me out of surgery my blood pressure dropped really low and the dr. said he needed to cut me open and that he thought something was really wrong. When They cut me my insides were full of blood and at that point I coded and they had to revive me and it took 5 hours to find the bleeds and stablize me. I was in surgery for 8 hours. They did have to give me lots of blood. The next morning they couldn't wake me up. Because I was under anisesia(sp) for so long some of it got into my tissue and muscles and with the morphine( I am not sure I understand it) I went back under and they could not wake me and I quit breathing. Needless to say I have had a slow recovery, this was not what I had suspected.

In my path report, they did find cancer but it was super early stage and no treatment is necessary.

But I still have my staples in. I have been to the dr a lot. Every weekday after leaving the hospital for 2 weeks. He keeps saying soon. They are the only thing that hurts.

When did you get yours out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2006, 08:51 PM

I am sooooo sorry to hear of your horrific ordeal!! My goodness I hope you are well on the road to recovery at this time! I had my staples out almost a week later because I did have a tiny tummy tuck as well. But I did not have the concerns that you have had. I would not worry so much, as your doctor seems to be on top of your situation. I remember they were very uncomfortable also. What helped me was a heating pad set on low. My doctor ok'd this however. You should call your doctor's office to make sure it is ok with them. You take care, and best wishes and my prayers to you for a speedy recovery.
Unread 02-17-2006, 08:54 PM

first off,im so very sorry you have went through the things you have went through,it must have been aweful for you to endure such a situation....i had 20 staples after my TAH..had it on a thursday,and they came out on that sunday before i came home.....but,like the other sister said,your situation is much different,and im sure this is why your have had to stay in so long....best wishes for you to have a smooth recovery,with no further problems.....you'll be in my thoughts and prayers...sonie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2006, 09:06 PM

I cant believe your staples are still in. Did your dr give you a reason for this? I've had staples 3 time. First was with a emergency csection with a vertical incission. They were left in 2 1/2 weeks and the removal was a NIGHTMARE. I have scars from them. Little dots on both sides of my incission. My second experience was with my twins csection and I faught with my OB that he would not use staples on me at all. I explained everything i went thru with the removal and he said that my previous dr had left them in TOO long and that he would not do that. They were out before I left the hospital at 4 days. Wonderful!!!! With my LSO they were in 7 days and that removal was ok. He may have them in for this long for a reason. I know how uncomfortable the pinching is from them and cant imagine 3.5 weeks of this. I think I would be finding out when he plans on removing them and what you should expect when he does.

Good Luck
Vicky

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register