exercise-get rid of belly! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

exercise-get rid of belly! exercise-get rid of belly!

Unread 10-08-2008, 08:17 AM
exercise-get rid of belly!

Hi everyone!
Maybe someone can help me.

I read a reply to a thread in this section (post-op) about a hystersister using an exercise machine of some type (machine is not the right word) that got rid of her belly and helped her abs. She claimed she "loved it!!" . I just can't find that thread again! I wished I'd marked it somehow, but at the time I was just plain exhausted and didn't want to think about excercise!

I am ready to do some serious excercising now to get my weight down and get rid of the fat I accumulated over recovery.. My elliptical is great, but doesn't help that much with the belly. All my work clothes are a bit tight from swelly belly and I want to get into my favorite jeans again!!

Any advice will help.

Thanks girls!!
SMILES!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2008, 01:53 PM

I found it! It was from buffy1 and it was the Ab Rocket she spoke of.
Thanks anyways and if you have any more tips please tell all!!
On the way to a slimmer me!!
Unread 10-08-2008, 02:57 PM

If you want to waste your money on another cheaply built "miracle machine" go ahead, but, if you really want to get your abdominals back into shape here is what you do:

#1 Keep up the elliptical. The most important part of nice looking abdominals is getting the layer of fat off the top. Crunches (or the ab rocket) will not do this. Cardio exercise will. Along with:

#2 Eat less. See the reason above.

#3 Use an exercise ball for crunches. It gives you better range of motion and supports your back. Pay attention to form and be sure to pull your abs in while you crunch. Also be sure to to crunches with twists (or bicycles on a mat), to work your obliques. Do some hip lifts (again, on the floor-you can actually put the ball between your knees or feet as you lift), to work the lower portion. Add some stabilization moves like a plank and a side plank.

#4 Add total body weight training. It will rev up your metabolism to help burn more calories, in addition t making you stronger and look and feel better.

This may not sound as fast and easy as the infomercial makes the ab rocket sound, but believe me, it will save you a lot of wasted money and will actually work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2008, 01:55 PM

Tks for the input! keep 'em coming!
I don't have an exercise ball cuz I think I am too unco-ordinated for it and would fall off the thing all the time (ha!). It's something to consider, maybe I"d lose weight trying. (Hmm...)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register