why is all heck breaking loose now? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

why is all heck breaking loose now? why is all heck breaking loose now?

Unread 04-13-2006, 07:14 PM
why is all heck breaking loose now?

I'm just a few days away from my stay at the castle, and it seems like all heck is breaking loose. Last weekend our hot water heater sprung a leak, and the landlord said that he could not afford to replace it. He also told my nephew -in-law, who works for my landlord, that if he HAD to replace it, he would raise our rent by $100/month. We have no income right now, due to waiting for my SSDI, and cannot afford to pay the extra rent. It's not really fair either, what has he been doing with the rent money we've been paying him for the past 16 months?

I live in a very small town, and our landlord is well known as a not very nice man, so I don't want to push him, we have a month to month lease, and he could evict us for anything he wants at any time, therefore making it hard to rent elsewhere. I know the WV codes that state the landlord has the responsibility to make sure that tenants have heat, water, electricity, hot water, etc... but that doesn't mean if I try to enforce this code that he wouldn't make our lives a living nightmare, and I really don't need that stress right now.

Anyhoo, my step-father remembered that he still had an electric hot water heater from when they replaced their with a gas verision. He brought it to me this evening. On saturday, a friend of ours who is a contractor will install it for us and make the necessary changes, since it is a different size. All this friend wants is food. He loves my cooking, and I'm not above making him lasagne or stuffed shells for the work. Can't beat that price. My step-dad also left all the necessary tools to do the job. YIPEE!!

I really wanted to be able to take a good shower and shave my pits and legs before surgery.

I've pretty much got my bedroom arranged. I've been sleeping on my new wedge pillow, and I've never slept so good as I do now that I am slightly elavated. Tomorrow, my niece will come over, and we will do a 'dry run' with me in bed to see what I will need and what is in easy reach for me.

I've started packing, have my tummy pillow and heating pad, along with other items mentioned in the boards for what to take to the castle. I appreciate all the advice.

My surgery is now abdominal instead of vaginal, since my doc couldn't reach my vaginia thru a pelvic exam. so I'll have a longer recovery time, and with me being diabetic,, one never knows how long it will take me to heal.

I've got enough meals frozen to last a couple of weeks, so my dh will not have to cook much more than breakfast. My 11 year old nephew is supplying me with his gameboy advance and some games for my entertainment. Wasn't that thoughtful?!!. My 14 year old niece has brought me her walkie talkies, so I won't have to yell for my husband when I need him. Everyone is being so helpful. Now I just need someone to vacuum and dust the house before I go. LOL.

Anyone else having their surgery on the 18th of this month? Let's talk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2006, 07:52 PM

Me, me, me!!! You must have an angel watching over you that sent that water heater to you just in time! I'm glad to hear that at least that one immediate problem has been taken care of, now here's hoping the rest will work itself out as well. I said goodbye to my boss today as tomorrow is my last day at work before the surgery and she's off tomorrow; I didn't feel that weird feeling I thought I might feel (as in 'what if I don't make it back?!), so I'm hoping that's a good sign. After reading everyone's stories here, I have absolute faith that I'll make it through this just fine, and I know you will too. But yes, I'm still nervous! You sure sound prepared; wish I could say the same! Not only am I not packing, cooking, cleaning, etc. right now; guess what I am doing? MY TAXES!!! Which I'd BTW better get back to before DH has a meltdown!

Take care everyone, I'd also love to hear from anyone else with a 4/18/06 (all surgery buddies graciously accepted)!
Unread 04-13-2006, 09:26 PM

The part about the walkie-talkies reminds me of something DH did for me when I was recovering from surgery last fall. He bought a baby monitor so that I wouldn't have to yell for help when I needed it. It was super-sensitive too. He once heard me muttering under my breath at him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2006, 12:09 AM

Hi KyaMia, We have our op on the same day. I will have special thoughts for you (at least I will try, if I am not too scared thinking about myself).
I am a landlord and in Australia we would not be allowed to get away with not fixing your hot water service within 24 hours. Our tennants are protected 100%, sometimes to the ridiculous.
As far as what he has been doing with his money, probably the same as me, paying of the mortgages .
You sound a lot more organised than I am, well done. I am currently coasting along pretending that nothing is different. Just wait until Monday when I fly into a last minute panic. Although I have got everything packed for the hospital. I will do a big clean up on Monday and then be hit with the realisation that this is happening.
Good luck with your op. (I am having a TVH)
Unread 04-14-2006, 03:09 AM

Hi to the ladies waiting,

Truly we all panic but in the end it really doesn't matter what is done or isn't. The most important thing is for your to take a deep breath, go out and give yourself some R&R with friends like morning tea or lunch and treat yourself because you will be house bound for a while until you can drive yourself again. For me cabin fever was at it's worse after a week as I'm usually in the car each day.

KyaMia when czardas says you'll be in her thought you will as her surgery will already be over due to the time differences. I wish you all speedy and uneventful recoveries. Waiting really is the worse!

Take care...............Karen
Unread 04-14-2006, 09:43 PM

I'm feeling pretty ok today. I DID have a major meltdown earlier this afternoon, but that was due to relatives not following thru with their promises. I should be used to that by now. If I'm asked for a favor and I say yes, I follow thru. I expect the same from others. I guess that's unrealistic, and I used the frustration from the disappointment to boil over. I threw around some silverware in the sink and some plastic cups. I didn't break anything and then I took a xanax!

My new washer is finally installed, and the hot water heater will be installed today. I took a 'sponge bath' in the kitchen sink this evening. It's better than feeling dirty.

Thanks for thoughts,,, if you need tax help, let me know. I've been doing taxes for years.
Unread 04-14-2006, 11:56 PM

I as well am having a TAH/BSO. on the 18th. Good luck. i am glad that your dad and his friend can help you out. As for your land lord you should look into the laws,I don't think he can raise the rent for what is his responsibility. And if he evicts you due to what you explained the you may be able to get him in serious hot water. Keep a journal of EVERYTHING you talk to him for. Include time and date.So if you remember the day you talked to him write it all down. That way he can't say you never told him. Good luck> And good luck at the castle.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register