surprised at my reaction | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surprised at my reaction surprised at my reaction

Unread 01-26-2002, 06:43 AM
surprised at my reaction

I got the message on my machine from the Dr's office yesterday that my insurance company had okayed the surgery and I was all set to go. I have been waiting for over a month since we initially set the date. I imagine that I was thinking, since it is taking so long maybe the insurance won't okay this and I won't have to have the surgery...but they did :cry:
When I heard the message my knees went weak and my eyes teared up. It was like, Oh My Gosh, This Is Really Going To Happen!
I got so depressed. I have read everything I can get my hands on about my condition and this surgery. I thought I was really prepared mentally. I guess I'm not there yet!!

Thanks for letting me share my feelings. You all are wonderful.
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2002, 07:03 AM
surprised at my reaction

Kathy - Congratulations on getting insurance approval

We'll be here for you!!!

PS - Now you can start getting everything ready
Unread 01-26-2002, 07:08 AM
surprised at my reaction

s Kathy.

As you will hear from others, the waiting is the hardest part. Come join us in chat. Sometimes talking helps. Warning: the chat room can be addicting

It is normal to feel nervous during your period as a LIW. I have talked to so many who've been very scared prior to their surgery and have done wonderful and then were so glad they had it done.

I will keep you in my .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2002, 02:25 PM
surprised at my reaction

Hi Kathy,
I know how you feel. It is really hard to make the decision to have a hysterectomy. I have prayed to God that if for any reason I did not make the right decision, please let the insurance company decide its not necessary and refuse to pay for it. Kind of silly, I know. I am having a TAH on 2/13 so we will be recuperating together!!!

I have just one larger than golf ball size fibroid causing clotting, heavy periods and very painful periods. Then doctor discovered a polyp and said it should come out. The fibroid is in the way of the polyp and I would have to go on Lupron for 3 months and then have a myomectomy, THEN I could finally get the polyp removed. I figured if I had to go through all that, I would just as soon have the hysterectomy and get it all over with at once and be done with my problems. I did a LOT of reading and talking with my doctor before I came to my final decision.

It sounds like you have also done a lot of reading. Let's keep our heads high and clear and know we have made the right decisions for ourselves. I'm will be nervous right along with you. Let's hope that second week of February comes quickly!!!
Unread 01-26-2002, 10:42 PM
surprised at my reaction

I am glad to know that I am not the only one that is scared of this. I don't think that anyone could ever really be mentally ready to go through with this surgery. It is just something that we have to come to terms with and put blinders on until it is over. You are not alone in being scared.
Unread 01-26-2002, 11:50 PM
surprised at my reaction

I was the same way the day I decided, with my doctor, that I was going to have the surgery. I have thought about it almost everyday for the last year, I have discussed it with my doctor a few other times, but to have actually made the decision was so different than just thinking about it. I cried ALL day that day. I was so emotional, but only for that day, now I just want to get it over with...I have to wait until June!!!

Hang in there...your feelings are understandable

Unread 01-27-2002, 12:39 AM
surprised at my reaction

Hello Kathy
Congratulations on getting your insurance approval :jumping:
That was a big load off my mind, when I got mine.
It is very normal to be scared, happy, confused and every other emotion you can think of before surgery.
The waiting truly is the hardest part. You will get through this, and we will be here for you every step of the way.
Pam is right, talking does help a lot. And it is true the Chat room is very addictive, and it is lots of fun too. Hope to see you there.
Take Care
Unread 01-27-2002, 04:46 PM
surprised at my reaction

Thank you all for the encouraging words. I know this surgery is the best thing for me. I just couldn't believe the strong reaction I had to the message. I'm just glad that it was on the answering machine and I didn't have to talk to her personally!

I have tried to get in to the chat room. I have down loaded the AIM, but to no avail...I must be doing something wrong. It keeps telling me "Invalid Resource Identifier".
I would love to chat!

Thank you all again for all the Caring, Support and Comfort!
I would hate to be facing this surgery without you!
Hugs and Prayers to all of you!
Kathy
Unread 01-27-2002, 04:47 PM
Insurance

Hi,

I cried when the letter came in the mail. It was kind of like it made it real at that point. Talking about it was one thing, but to make it real life is another. I'm just a little over 5 weeks now and I don't regret a thing. I shocked myself when I started to cry also.
Hang in there and you will be O.K.
God Bless,
Sue
Unread 01-27-2002, 05:00 PM
surprised at my reaction

I think there's something about having a concrete "date", or seeing it in black & white, or like you, hearing it on the message machine, that suddenly MAKES IT VERY REAL!!!!

I remember when my doctor's office gave me the date...even though I had told them to go ahead and schedule it...I could feel my heart thud right down into my feet when the nurse said the words. I made a little dot on my calendar...couldn't bring myself to write it in.

There's nothing easy about making such a huge decision...but once it's over and done and you are on your way to a healthy new life, you'll wonder why and how you waited for so long to do this.

Keep reading and posting, and we'll all be here to help you every step of the way!

Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register