Panic ! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-10-2006, 05:37 AM
Panic !

Hi all....I've been waiting for a surgical date (abdominal hyster.) and just got one---MONDAY (May 15). Eeeekkkk! I'm scared!!! Scared of pre-op, surgery, and...mostly, post-op pain! Help!!!!!! THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2006, 05:55 AM
Panic !

Hi Frederica! I felt the same way you did a few days ago. The wonderful people on this site helped to reassure me that they experienced the same and we are all normal...or as normal as we can be

My surgery is tomorrow. Today a calm has arrived that I never would have expected....I'm hoping it is me and not a delayed sugar hit from half the box of Oreos I ate yesterday! I remind myself that it is my choice to have the surgery (keeps me in control a bit). I could cancel and go back to the way things were, but I'm ready for a new beginning.

I have to do a soft diet today and wait for the hospital to call me to tell me what time to arrive. My surgery isn't until 1pm, so I'll probably have to be there around 11am. I also can have nothing by mouth after midnight - Right now, I think I may be dreading the thought of no coffee more than the surgery Complete coffee addict.

Actually, I have stayed busy, cleaned, but given myself permission to take the time to do somethings I wanted....we don't need any extra pressure at this time. I've decided if it's not done by now, then it's not going to get done and the world will survive.

Today I'll pack, although since I got the travel size of everything and should be in a couple days, there's not a lot to pack. I am taking a pillow from home. What I wear in is what I'm wearing home - oh, the joy of giant sweat pants

Asking questions...upon questions...upon questions seemed to help reduce my anxiety as I feel prepared with what to expect. Anything that pops in your mind, please ask. Everyone is so helpful. I am thankful to have found this site.

We are going to do great I just know it. Take care of you. That is most important. I'll be thinking of you and we are all here for you.
Unread 05-10-2006, 06:04 AM
Thanks !!!

Stella- Best of wishes on your surgery! Thanks for your support---it means alot to know someone else is going through what I am. Oh---I'm a total Diet Coke addict( oh no---the headaches???). I'll be saying an extra prayer for you!!! Thanks again!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2006, 06:23 AM
Panic !

You too! Last week, I yelled at appliances and bawled at the dust on my ceiling fan. It would have knocked someone out if it fell on them! I'm single and had to ask for people to come stay with me afterwards. Some of them didn't get right back to me, so I bawled over that. They called. I have friends and family. I am a giant walking hormone. I have also found that I check in on the site more often this week and it has been extremely helpful. You are in my prayers too
Unread 05-10-2006, 07:04 AM
Panic !

Hey girls!!

My very best wishes to you both!! And you're right Stella, this IS perfectly normal behavior. I felt the same way almost 4 months ago and wow, what a relief when it's all over!!! The post op pain Frederica was not as bad as I thought it would be. Have some gas-X on hand, the worst part was gas pains knocking against the surgery area. Good luck and God Bless girlz!!!!
Love,
Skye
Unread 05-10-2006, 07:17 AM
Panic !

Hi Girls,
I felt the say way. I needed to have the op done and when they give you a date it sends you into pure panic. I was wanting to canel up to the last minute because I wasn't sure this was the right thing to do. I was very scared. I cryed right into the operating room because I didn't know what to expect. Today it has been 5 weeks and I am so glad I did it. I was in pain 7 months before the op and now I am pain free. Still tired this week and they say your body goes into a relapse of some sort and believe me it is. I am going back to work 5/15 wish me luck. Any questions please write.
Pat
Unread 05-10-2006, 07:23 AM
Panic !

Good to hear about the post op pain and gas-x. That's a relief! (Okay, too punny, I couldn't resist) I live in a small town and shopped at the local pharmacy yesterday stocking up on gas-x and fibery related products. I like to keep people guessing. I went overboard (which I tend to do with everything.....often). I'm hopeful I'll be giving most of it away afterwards. Wouldn't that be fun to see at a yard sale?!?
Unread 05-10-2006, 07:28 AM
Panic !

PattPatt, Good luck returning to work! I've been off 2 days and am already having difficulty adjusting. I've never been off more than about 1 1/2 weeks since I was 15 yrs old, but part of me is actually looking forward to it. As I was getting ready to leave, I thought I had better check one more drawer since others will be using my office while I'm off.

I cleaned out an entire file drawer of pads and tampons!! Once, my male boss actually got something out of my desk while I was in another location and had to root through the tampons to get to it! I keep remembering these things because that canceling thought flies through every once in a while. I mean, really, please allow me to move a hundred tampons to get you what you need?!?

I'm beginning to feel hopeful
Unread 05-10-2006, 07:40 AM
Panic !

Stella,
Good luck tomorrow .
Frederica,
Good luck to you on Monday the 15th
To both of you, you will both do great. Just remember to stay on top of your pain with whatever meds they recommend, lots of water, as much as you can and ! Sounds exciting doesn't it! I am 12 days out from LSH, feel the best I've felt in over a year, and can't wait to go for my post op tomorrow to see when I an start doing more! Boredom does set in after a while ! Come back here and post whenever you want, we will be here for you!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register