sharp poking feeling | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sharp poking feeling sharp poking feeling

Unread 11-26-2012, 07:07 AM
sharp poking feeling

I had a TVH on Nov 7. For the last 3 or 4 days I've had an intense sharp pokey feeling a few inches below my belly button and a little to the left. No matter how I move its there. It feels like im being poked with a needle literally. Im guessing its my stitches. Im so uncomfortable its making me crazy. Any thoughts or helpful hints?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2012, 08:00 AM
Re: sharp poking feeling

I'm ten weeks and still occasionally get those. I was told it was nerve pain as the nerves grow back. Whatever the cause they lessen in time.

Heal well!
Unread 11-26-2012, 08:14 AM

Missc78

Some poking pain is common, but it usually migrates.

However...if you have a lot of pins and needles pain limited to one area, especially if the skin in that area turns reddish or purplish or becomes kind of "cardboardy," you might have a case of cellulitis. It's not a big deal usually, but it is an annoying post-op infection. It doesn't hurt to check your temperature. If your temperature is up, definitely check in with your doctor. If the pain persists in one area, check with your doctor.

If the pain is going away, it's probably just recovery pain.

I got cellulitis right after my surgery about 4 1/2 months ago. I've had 3 courses of antibiotics, but it's still not completely gone. It can take many months to heal completely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2012, 08:23 AM

Ahhhh, I get that too! My labia, rectum, perineum, and left lower abdomen felt swollen for DAYS, -.- very annoying and concerning at times. I had a partial hyst (Ovaries Intact) and bladder sling. I over did it too soon after surgery, slowly recouping from that event. Dr saw me at 2 weeks, said it was fine and normal -.-. I'm 3 weeks and 2 days post op, Finally feeling good again. Good luck to you
Unread 11-26-2012, 03:33 PM

Ty! I have an apt weds to see the dr. Lucky me he's been out of the country (not) the pain is in the same place it doesn't move and not really a pins and needles sensation. It literally feels like someone is stabbing a needle into my belly when I move. I had 2 surgeries since sept 5. Not sure which is causing this or why. Thanks for your help!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register