Washing Walls | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Washing Walls Washing Walls

Unread 01-31-2004, 10:36 PM
Washing Walls

hello Again Ladies
well today now is sunday and surgery is this Tuesday, I am getting ready at least I think i am . I made a Plan I am no longer gonna Smoke Cigs, on monday is my last day and after i get home there will be no smoking in our Home or Cars, All the Ashtrays will be gone , so tonite My step son that is 13 and I Deside to wash all the walls down and and everything we can think of so when i come home it will be kindof clean but not smelling like smoke. I hope it really works . I can not let it control me . I half to take controll right. My step son said Can i help as the 2 step Daughters went bed . they are sweet children and having him help me was wonderful he never wanted to help befor. hes a teenager.lol. if it wasn't for them three and their Dad my sweet Hubby I proble would be going nuts Cause i don't want them to see me down . I go to the Church Pastor to Cry plus being able to come on here and to talk to many of you ladies makes me put my chin up and smile. I know i am caring on sorryabout that, but now I need my sleep . so I will go now and hope all of you are doing well your all in my Prayers as well Your Hystersister Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2004, 11:16 PM
don't tire yourself out too much

take a break couple of days before trip to the castle so that you have a chance to recharge your energy levels.

I understand your motivation to stop smoking, my parents smoked for 50 years but on a visit from UK to NZ to see their new granddaughter they didn't realise that every photo taken had a swirl of smoke around like poisonous gases. My mum has even apologised to my daughter as she feels she may have triggered her asthma. Both have been smoke free for 5 years, now my mum just has to conquer her latest addiction, red wine and peanuts!

Best wishes for your surgery and your smoking challenge, you are showing a wonderful example for others. Best wishes also to Karlene67. Hugs, Linda
Unread 01-31-2004, 11:49 PM
NO SMOKING

As anyone seen the Oprah show yesterday???? I am sooooo glad that I quit smoking years ago! Good luck and be strong!
Like having the surgery, quitting smoking will be the beginning of a new life for you!
I started smoking when I grew up overseas, where it is less supervised and stuff, but it is a nasty habit which I dropped 3 years ago, and I don't miss it!
Be strong and good luck!
Ikoyi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Washing Walls

Hi Amy,

Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking. Your step-son sounds great, too, to have offered to help you out with washing the walls.

I quit smoking several years ago, and some of the ladies I work with cleaned up everything in my office so that it smelled nice and fresh and clean. They were so sweet to do that and I have never forgotten it.

Please take Linda's advice, though, and don't wear yourself out before surgery - let your DH and your children know what still needs to be done.

I wish you the very best.
Unread 02-01-2004, 10:06 AM
Washing Walls

What a wonderful choice you are making...and one of the best you will ever make. A word of advice....dont be hard on yourself....you are going through alot.....and dont even take one hit of a cig. I quit for 10 years....and then went through some tought times, and thought well I will just smoke one....and that turned into a year of smoking, and I didnt even really enjoy it.
Good luck...you are in my prayers!!
chele.
Unread 02-12-2004, 12:38 AM
Washing Walls

now that you had your surgery,let us know how you are doing when you feel well enough to get back to the computer.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register