strange symptoms 1 week post | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

strange symptoms 1 week post strange symptoms 1 week post

Unread 11-09-2005, 05:34 PM
strange symptoms 1 week post

I had LAVH one week ago and for the last 4 days at the same time each day I experience nausea and migraine type headache. Also sensitive to smells. a few hours later I am fine for the rest of the evening.

I have changed what kind of foods and activity levels and even held off taking medications but no change.

Very morning sickness like. Anybody else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2005, 05:47 PM

I had a TAH on Nov 3 and am extremely sensitive to smells and having quite a bit of nausea. I go tomorrow to get staples out and will ask my doctor, just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone.
Unread 11-09-2005, 06:08 PM

Hi Hersam,

I'm so relieved to find someone going through a simliar situation as me, in fact, that's why I just logged on. I have been VERY nauseous all day today. I had a LAVH on 10/31 and have suffered some queasiness off and on but today it's been constant. I've also been in the bathroom a lot. Up until today I've been "regular" since about day 3 but today, well let's just say, I appear to be full of it! I hoping an experienced sister will come around and help us through this! Thanks for listening. I hope you feel better soon.

Jen aka Jiggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Me too!

I just had my LAVH on 10/31 and I've also been experiencing on and off nausea. Mostly in the morning and mid-afternoon. And I noticed I'm real sensitive to smells too. For some reason I think everyone around me has suddenly developed bad breath. I was having headaches too but they seem to have gone away. I'm so glad to find others with the same symptoms!
Unread 11-10-2005, 07:52 AM
Re: strange symptoms

talked to the nurse at DRs office today and she thought it might be a hormone surge. Thanks for all the feed back Ill find out more later.
Unread 11-10-2005, 08:26 AM

Hi Ladies.

Today is my 9 week hystiversary and I am doing pretty good today. I know what you are talking about when you say Nausea and headaches.. I had 3 weeks of it to the point that I was not able to eat and lost a lot of weight. Mine was due to the fact that I was not urinating enough at first and they had to put a foley back in me for 3 weeks. But even after that I experienced a lot of nausea and headaches, Doc said it was from my hormones trying to get back in order.. A lot of the symptoms that you experience will most likely go away after time.. Believe me I thought everything that could go wrong or be wrong did and was.. But I can see the light at the end of the Long tunnel now.. Be encouraged, drink plenty of water, ask your doctor for some Phenegren.. AND RELAX!
Unread 11-10-2005, 08:33 AM

I had my LAVH on 11/7/05, I know it has only been three days, but I too noticed the sensitiveity to smells, as well I have had some nausea, but I thought it was the pain meds so I quit taking them. This website is a God send!!! Thank you everyone for not being afraid to come out and put your feelings out there for other women who may have or still are affraid of the same things.
Unread 11-10-2005, 08:44 AM

I am very sensitive to smells also. It seems to be a real symptom.
Unread 11-10-2005, 08:48 AM

Yes, I am 9 days post surgery and have become much more sensitive to smells. Things I liked before (certain incense) is unbearable now. The smells outside (from hurricane recovery) like roofing tar make me real sick. I am not having headache, but I have had a couple incidents of nausea.
Unread 11-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Hypersensitiviy to smells

Me too, post op Oct 27th. and light. Can't stand too much light. I don't have headaches but between the nausea and gas pains, I am inches away from calling my doctor on a daily basis. The operation - incision etc... it the least of my concerns. My poor husband, I keep telling him to brush his teeth, he smells of sour milk. I even looked it up on the internet wondering what condition he has LOL.

I keep thinking - I'll wait till tomorrow and then call the doctor. It is shifting, but it is a new crisis everyday - nausea, gas, bladder spasms, upper abdomen pain, acid reflux..... oh well.....
Kathryn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register