LAVH vs. C-Section - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH vs. C-Section LAVH vs. C-Section

Unread 11-29-2004, 02:37 PM
LAVH vs. C-Section

I felt so relieved when I read these responses. I have also had 2 c-sections and thought that if I could go through that along with taking care of a newborn, breastfeeding and everyhting else that I could go through this. I have a TAH scheduled on Dec. 29 and am terrified but this reassures me that I can do this. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2004, 02:57 PM
LAVH vs. C-Section

I know what you mean! For a few days before the surgery, I really thought I might "chicken out." The thing that kept me from doing that was the realization that my leave had been approved and that my employer would not look kindly if I canceled and then later had to have the surgery. I have two weddings scheduled in the coming year: DD in July, and DS in September. I really could not put this off! After all, I am planning to dance at their weddings!

According to my Dr., my uterine lining was in a precancerous condition, and he could not give me a timeline of how long it would remain so. My TAH on 11-16-2004 was for complex hyperplasia with atypia. He also said that he would visually inspect the area for any signs that the condition had spread. My tests were completed in July of this year. I am a teacher, and I just could not leave my students for this long a period at any other time of year. Luckily, I had enough medical leave. Although I am not 100% yet, I am really glad that the surgery is over, and I am really feeling surprisingly well! Today is my first day on my own, my DH had to go back to work today! I really do miss him! Best of luck to you! Put the negative thoughts out of your mind, and concentrate on being rid of the condition that is cause of your surgery! Attitude is everything, and a positive attitude really helps in this case!
Unread 11-29-2004, 05:06 PM
LAVH much easier than C-Section

My LAVH was a breeze (6 weeks ago tomorrow!). I had very little pain - just discomfort, and I am completely back to normal now. I returned to my desk job at 10 days - part-time and I have been full-time for 3 weeks with a full social schedule evenings and weekends. My two C-sections (my 'babies' are 16 & 18) were much more painful with a much longer recouperation period. I honestly feel great, and I did so within a few days of my surgery. Good luck with yours!
Unread 11-29-2004, 06:46 PM
LAVH vs. C-Section

Sheila,

If you don't mind me asking, what are you having the hyst for? What did they find out after all that time. Are you sure you are having the LAVH?
Just being nosy and curious
Unread 11-30-2004, 07:38 AM
LAVH vs. C-Section

Marian

The Dr told me he was going to do a LAVH (am supposed to keep the ovaries) so I guess if everything is ok once he gets in there and looks around that is what he is going to do. I have always (18 years) had very very painfull (before, during and after) periods (sending me to the hospital atleast 20 times over a number of years when I was younger). They always said we dont know what it is, we dont see anything, your a girl and that is just the way it is, you are being a wimp, women deal with this so you should too, there is nothing wrong, etc. So after hearing that over and over, I gave up trying to get help for many years. Until the last year or so, I have just gone so down hill. Spending days at a time in bed due to the abdonimal pain, heavy prolonged bleeding (to the point of making me anemic), back pain, painful sex and extremely painful bowel movements (comparable to labor and delivery pain) while on my cycle. Once the painful bm's started and continued to get worse each cycle, I said enough is enough this is NOT normal, I am not being a wimp and went back to the dr. I have endo which he will fix while he is in there and look around for anything else. After so many years of being in pain for atleast 2 weeks out of every month, I am greatful for an end to the pain and an improved quality of life. Just wish Jan 27th could get here alittle quicker!

Sheila
Unread 11-30-2004, 08:57 AM
LAVH vs. C-Section

I had 2 C-Sections (both vertical incisions). I had a LAVH about 3 years ago. I thought the LAVH recovery was more difficult - with a hysterectomy organs are removed, tissue is bruised and there are numerous internal stitches.

My doctor said that although the external incisions are smaller wiht a LAVH there is still plenty of internal work done - the initial recovery is about 6-8 weeks.

Be sure to take enough time off to allow your body adequate time to heal and recover - you get one chance at a complete recovery.

Come and visit us in the Post-op Forum after surgery to let us know how you are doing.

Unread 11-30-2004, 06:34 PM
LAVH vs. C-Section

I had a c-section 15 years ago and a LAVH 11 days ago. The LAVH is a much easier recovery! After my c-section I couldn't turn over in bed by myself. I was in a lot of pain for weeks. Now, 11 days after my LAVH, I'm starting to feel better.

At least you know that after a LAVH, a nurse isn't going to come over to you in the recovery room every 10 minutes to massage your uterus to make it contract. Owwwwww!!!! That was the worst part of the c-section!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register