post-op bed arrangement? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post-op bed arrangement? post-op bed arrangement?

Unread 02-21-2003, 06:57 AM
post-op bed arrangement?

hey girls, i've seen posts about making special bed arrangements in a guest/extra bedroom. i was just planning on coming home to my normal bed with husband beside me. is this not advised?? he does snore a little and we do have two babies that take up some room (schnauzers- lilly and buddy)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2003, 07:27 AM
post-op bed arrangement?

(((((Karen))))))

With a TAH, that means you'll be having an abdominal incision. I would be careful, especially with your babies unless they never jump or walk on you. DH slept on the couch the first few nights after I got home. Even though I had a LAVH, I was still uncomfortable sharing the bed. I could feel every move he made inside my tummy. If you really want to try to use your normal sleeping arrangements, you may want to have a back up plan just in case.

S,
Pam
Unread 02-21-2003, 07:56 AM
post-op bed arrangement?

Hi, I had a tah/bso and I slept in my bed with my dh after I got home. I did have about 5 pillows all around me for safety. I didn't have any problems (used ear plugs for the snoring). He was very careful on how he moved and was nearby if I needed anything.
I don't know if you should allow the furbabies there for a while however. I guess it would depend on how they respond to you at the time. I kept my kitties away for a week or so.
Best wishes S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2003, 08:08 AM
post-op bed arrangement?

My husband and I shared our bed together, but I built a little (big) nest around me. Any time I *have* to sleep on my back, I put a pillow or folded blanket under my knees and two behind my shoulders/head. Then another one under each arm so my shoulders aren't being pulled down. It's just like an armrest. I felt so good with all of that I'd fall asleep just fine. DH had a little less room but he was there if I needed him and he could help me get up! We held each others arm and he pulled.

Blessings,
TC
Unread 02-21-2003, 11:27 AM
post-op bed arrangement?

We family bed with our 4 year old son, and I am planning on sleeping in the guestroom for a month after my surgery (March 7th) to avoid any possible dangers of being kicked!!

We've explained the whole thing to him, and he is cool about the entire situation. Should be ann eye-opening experience for Tom (my husband) as I am the one that sleeps next to Graham, and suddenly, HE'll be the one receiving all-night mini-snuggles!!

Me, I'll be blissfully unaware in the other room! We are hooking-up the old baby monitor so I don't have to yell if I need something in the middle of the night. Funny, this is the first time that monitor is being used (we got it when Graham was born, but he's never slept anywhere but our bed!).

I'd worry about two little pups on the bed. They love you, and won't understand why they can't snuggle & jump on you the way they always have. Best of luck!!

Leslie
Unread 02-21-2003, 11:52 AM
We shared

I slept with my dh and three fur babies after my TAH/BSO. I did make sure I had a tummy pillow handy at all times and I DID use it. Lots of pillows to prop and protect and the company is nice to have.

Joselle
Unread 02-21-2003, 12:30 PM
fur babies

i am sleeping in my bed, not with DH, but with my girl, 25lb beagle mix, 8.5 yrs old. She sleeps on DH side of bed, and touches me with one foot, our 16yr old cat will come and visit, sleeps on my hip, for about a minute and then i move him off.

They have been pretty good about not stepping on my belly,
i have a stuffed "cow" pillow, body size that i keep over me at night, or in between me and "Miss Kitty" our dog.

If our pets are your babies, it is difficult for them to be separated
but do be careful. I have a "big boy" Sam (120 lb rott/german shep mix) outside, who i have visited twice since surgery. I stand at the very end of where his lead will reach with my back to him,
and pat his head. He has been very good at sitting and not jumping, but it would only take one rake of his claws, his paws are about as big as my palms, and it would be over for me.

Good luck and do what is safest and most comfortable for you.
judy b

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register