C-section type of TAH, PANIC ATTACK!!!!!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

C-section type of TAH, PANIC ATTACK!!!!!!! C-section type of TAH, PANIC ATTACK!!!!!!!

Unread 03-05-2003, 10:08 PM
C-section type of TAH, PANIC ATTACK!!!!!!!

Sounds like the holidays with my family Some people like to share and embellish..ALOT! I'm sure you will do wonderfully. Don't let others make you second guess yourself. I'm only 2 wks post-op but I feel like a new person and I can't wait to live my life without planning around my periods we're here for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2003, 06:45 AM

Your neighbors seem to be 'glass half empty' types...you have to be 'glass half full'...good luck...try not to worry...
Best wishes...
Ericka
Unread 03-06-2003, 09:57 AM
You go Girl

Hey grinch its sled dog here. Bet you didn't know the neighbours had gone to med school and became doctors - each one - eh? What miserable experts. Listen to the gals here. If anyone scared me like that before my surgery I'd bite them ( just kidding) but gee eh? You have the same day as me and I'm off to the castle right now. We'll both be fine - and I'm going to check in on you when I get back on Monday.

Lotsa Love your sister, sled dog
Unread 03-06-2003, 10:22 AM
Is my neighbor by chance my mother in law

My MIL has started every convesation about ANY medical procedure I've ever had with "I don't want to scare you but...." I've found her to be full of huhewy ,so I don't discuss things with her. Example she told me her DR had her crawl up and down the stairs after her TAH for 3 weeks-talk about sending me to the castle a wreck...But guess what I'm two weeks post op feel great and nothing has fallen out as I WALK up the stairs!!!!LOL
Unread 03-06-2003, 11:17 AM
Oh my!

I am not sure I like your neghbors. Some people like to talk at the wrong times. I am glad I didn't see them before I had mine.

I am 1 week 2 days post-op. The incision is about 6 " long, not hip to hip. The catheter was not that bad, just a second of pressure and it was out. Some years ago it was different then it is now.

I have a slight infection inside, but am getting anti-biotics. The only reason this happened is because I laid around too much and bent more then I should have, causing some bleeding. So just follow the rules and you'll be fine.

I am so glad I did this and the healing time will be nothing compared to all else I've dealt with.

Don't let others freak you out as someone said we're all different. take care!
Unread 03-06-2003, 04:23 PM

Stuff your neighbors. I had a smiley pubic cut in 1973 for a tubal ligation at which time they did a uterine and bladder suspension. The ureter wasn't irriated at all. The day of surgery, after the surgery, the bladder was royally ticked off and kept complaining that it had to PIDDLE! I begged the nurse to cath me - twice - both times she did and there was virtually NOTHING, it was just the bladder ticked off and telling lies. There was absolutely no discomfort with the cath going in or coming out.

1978 I had a full abdominal vertical incision from above the naval to just above what was left of the smiley scar. I refused a nasal-gastro tube so I had a drainage tube connected to a pump sticking out of my side for some 8-9 days. Nothing to it when they pulled it out.

I also once had a spontaneous pneumothorax (collapsed lung). A tube was inserted between two ribs and into the lung to reinflate it. The tube was in for 3 days. Nothing to it when they pulled it out.

I did end up with a small pus pocket at a stitch in the smiley cut for the tubal liqation. No discomfort or pain. Just this little pocket of pus draining. My GP just put a little "wick" in the pus pocket (no need for even a local, no discomfort or pain) and had me keep plying the wick with some liquid antibiotic or antiseptic. Cleared up in no time.

When this is all over BE SURE to tell your neighbors what a piece of cake it was for you!!! Rub it in what incompetent doctors they must have had and what pansy-arses they themselves must be.
Unread 03-06-2003, 04:35 PM

Ever had an IV? Surely you are not worried about that. Setting the IV is no different feeling really than having blood drawn. If you don't have a problem with a blood draw the IV is not going to be any more uncomfortable than that.

I spent 10 weeks on IVs back in 1978. They had to be reset several times due to a veins collapsing because of the prolonged period they were in. I admit I am squeamish about watching them insert the needle so I don't watch. Once the IV is set its no big deal for me.

One time, after an IV in the ER, I did have a minor problem with my arm getting very hard and somewhat swollen, I guess the needle had gone thru the vein or whatever, I forget. My arm did ache. I just went back to ER and they gave me something for the discomfort and some hot and cold packs on it until the swelling went down, then sent me home feeling just fine.

Don't let those idiots next door get you in such a twit. They must have a knack for finding the most incompetent doctors in the universe, they themselves must be real pansies, or they take sadistic delight in torturing others with scare stories.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register