Two surgeries at same time | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two surgeries at same time Two surgeries at same time

Unread 01-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Two surgeries at same time

I had shoulder surgery (left side) and a hysterectomy at the same time. I didn't have any problems with the shoulder surgery, but at two weeks post op, I am running out of breath in a normal conversation. I can't stand up to put on my makeup or blow dry my hair, I run out of breath and just get tired. I went yesterday for post op appt (obgyn) and was told to just take it easy. I asked why my right rib area hurt after surgery and the doc said it wasn't my ribs... it was my liver! He said when you are upside down for such a long time during surgery, all the pressure puts stress on the liver. He said some people may feel it under the right rib cage and others may feel it in the right shoulder. I really had a hard time getting in and out of bed with ab pain, left shoulder pain, and right "rib" pain! The liver is getting better and not much pain there anymore. I also have gas pains (gentlewind!), and some vaginal stinging if I have been on my feet too long, swelly belly, and a lot of tiredness. I hear so many people that are getting along so well and here I am just putting along. (age 43) Also, my back and tailbone hurts! I went for my post op (shoulder surgery) and have incredible healing and great range of motion. One out of two aint' bad, I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2006, 09:30 PM

Well, if it helps any, I am still dealing with fatigue. I feel completely exhausted all the time and I had my surg in Nov. I am also only 30. I have had no problems with infection or anything. I still get a stabbing pain every now and then. I feel I have been healing great except for the fatigue. Started new vitamins this week, hope it helps. Don't get down if your not running a marathon yet. You are still very early in your recovery. Take your time. Things do get better over time.
Unread 01-06-2006, 09:32 PM

I was feeling the same way your are til last Wed. , All of a sudden I finally feeling more myself ! I would read these post's & felt like such a whiny wimp. I think we all heal differently & it depends on age, physically fit etc. I am having much better days but I still hurt in the morning when I get up, sit down frequently during the day & hurt by bedtime. So in there it gets better, I think the first 3 weeks were my worst, I just hit 4 weeks today. If I look at each week that passed I did have progress with each one. Take care & best wishes for a healthy recovery.

God Bless &
Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2006, 12:59 AM

Oh my, I can't imagine having two surgeries at once. I had a hard enough time getting out of bed or turning over with healthy shoulders. Hope you're feeling better and breathing easier too. Take care.
Unread 01-07-2006, 07:56 AM

I can't imagine having both surgeries at once. I had my left shoulder done two years ago and it took me eight months to rehabit it!!! You are a trooper to have done both. Did you have a TAH? I am nine days postop and feel ok.
Unread 01-07-2006, 09:14 AM

I still have my ovaries. LAVH Thanks for the support.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register