3 months.....really? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 months.....really? 3 months.....really?

Unread 09-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Re: 3 months.....really?

Sadie's right it's been 3 months and it does seem like it was just yesterday. But at the same time if I think about it I've made some great progress. But then there are days that my word I wonder what the heck! Like many I had a 3 day weekend last weekend and I was well behaved and rested so I could make it through my 4 day work week. Well, that didn't happen! I'm still feeling rather guilty that I had to call in sick a day this week to make it through a 4 day week. Of course, co-workers don't understand that you had MAJOR surgery. I'll spend the weekend with my feet up in hopes that I can push myself through 5 days next week. I know it will get better...hopefully sooner rather than later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie72 View Post
I guess the bright side is that I deluded myself (if that can possibly be the bright side). I really believed I would be okay after 3 weeks or so. I've never had surgery before in any capacity. Never had a child, never had a broken bone etc.....just a healthy heifer through and through.
My family laughed at me when I had the misconception in my head that I'd be back to "normal" after 3 or 4 weeks. All I kept hearing is why do you think the doctor said NO work for a minimum of 6 weeks, etc. I'm glad to see that I wasn't alone in my thinking.
Unread 09-11-2010, 06:15 AM

i think that we do have to remember that we did have major surgery and we just had major surgery. Luckily my consultant at work reminded me of that after I called off yesterday after just 3 days of returning to work. We will all feel better soon...just need to slow our lives down a bit, which if you sit back and think about it, isn't the worst thing, right??

And Sadie you are right, no more periods after bleeding for almost 2 years straight, PRICELESS! Let's hang in and support each other! Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2010, 08:03 AM

There are a lot of people who don't understand. Because it has been such a long time healing, I get people who tell me that I must not be "normal" because everyone they know recovered within two to three months max. I have learned to not bite their heads off although I am tempted. I usually just say that I am glad their friends healed well but I didn't.
I never realized how long this could take even though I knew I had several conditions that could make this slower. I had added another two months to my surgeon's predictions but should have added a lot more. The irony is that my surgeon considers me a success story. I know that the worst thing I can do is to push it because my body pushes back really hard and with pretty severe consequences to it. I am learning patience through this process.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register