Tomorrow is the big day! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow is the big day! Tomorrow is the big day!

Unread 02-15-2011, 10:35 PM
Tomorrow is the big day!

My surgery was cancelled last month due to high blood glucose and my diabetes being uncontrolled. I started exercising and watching everything I eat and monitoring my Blood Glucose before and after meals, and was able to bring it down to normal levels in 2 weeks time! Brought my HGBA1c down an entire point in that amount of time!!
So my doctor rescheduled me for Feb 16. It all happened so fast, she called last week and put me in where she had cancellation.
I have not had time to even think about it I've been so busy getting things for my family ready, and care arranged!
In 12 hours I will be going under & my nerves are starting to kick in now. I hope I can sleep tonight!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Re: Tomorrow is the big day!

Great news! Hope all goes well for you tomorrow. Put your favourite music on and try to relax.
Tomorrow is the first day of the new you!
Unread 02-15-2011, 11:46 PM

Yay! Congrats! I go in 10 days. I'm SO READY!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2011, 07:38 AM

Good for you...waiting is hard. I am traveling 5 hours for my surgery which is tomorrow and have had to wait 4 months due to the schedule. The waiting is hard!!! A few tears this morning but I am on my way today to the city. This has been a long journey and happy to have the wait over. Best of luck with your recovery!!!
Unread 02-16-2011, 08:42 AM

I am also scheduled for tomorrow and am a bag of nerves! Between the surgery time screwup on the dr.s offices part and my recliner arriving this morning broken and having to be shipped back, I am trying not to look at this as some kind of omen! I have yet to break the news to my 5 ur old ( she is my drama queen and must be handled very carefully). I just feel so overwhelmed. Best of luck to my tomorrow hystersisters!!
Unread 02-16-2011, 08:43 AM

Best of luck to all of you!
Unread 02-16-2011, 08:54 AM

Best wishes. Hope everything goes well!
Unread 02-16-2011, 09:26 AM

I'll be there tomorrow with you! I'm cleaning my house before my MIL comes and then I'm off to spend some time with my BFF before the mini-prep.

I'm nervous, but I have lots of support that makes it easier.

Best wishes to all tomorrow!
Unread 02-16-2011, 10:10 AM

I am scheduled for tomorrow also and have been a one woman pity party since Monday which is totally not me. I cant stop crying and am pretty scared. I have had this scheduled for 5 weeks and until Monday was doing super. My hope is by this time tomorrow is will be over! Good Luck to everyone!
Unread 02-16-2011, 10:53 AM

Best wishes to all you ladies, I'm 1 week post op and feeling better every day! I do have to admit that the waiting was the hardest part and before I knew it it was all over and I was asking when was in the recovery room, after the 4 hour surgery, asking when were they going to be doing the surgery, lol I was out of it, but here I am a week later, 10 lbs lighter and feeling better than I've felt in a very long time. Best wishes my sisters!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register