The Cartoon that said I have the Power | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Cartoon that said I have the Power The Cartoon that said I have the Power

Unread 10-10-2002, 02:59 PM
The Cartoon that said I have the Power

Hi Sister s,
There used to be a cartoon called Masters of the Universe where one of the characters would hold up his sword and shout, "I have the Power!"
It's funny how I recalled that this afternoon as I contemplated the 11 days til my surgery and was listening to Dr. Phil.
It's not often that we women think men have a lot to say, but in this case it was very valid. All phobias come down to being a fear of losing control. I hadn't really thought of what I'm about to have happen to me on the 21st as a fear of losing control, but it is.
I felt like I had all the Power and now it's being taken away from me. But that's not true. I've made a conscious choice to have this hysterectomy. I could wait, but the information I have gained from my , myself and all of you tells me that I cannot. My quality of life will only continue to degrade if I choose to not do this.
I have made a choice about my doctor and even the date I'm doing this. I still have the power to say no.
I will not be able to have children when I am done, but I have to acknowledge that having children was not major concern to me until I thought I was losing a choice. I can still adopt and I can still teach. As a substitute teacher, I get to have 20 new kids every weekday and give them back at the end of day.
I am lucky enough to be able to dictate an awful lot of the course of my recovery and it sounds like a lot of you can have that same option.
Wow, never doubt that we have more Power than we realize. This website has handed us a lot of it, but regardless of any of our surgical outcomes we started with the Power the Creator put inside of us from the word go.
Now I'll climb off my soapbox and go eat my apple.
My love and prayers to each of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-10-2002, 03:38 PM
So True

You have said so much. You should publish this. I am so glad that you have expressed yourself the way you have. I feel I have the Power to avoid having the best years of my life spent in physical misery and I am thankful for that. Thank You..

Unread 10-10-2002, 04:35 PM
I have the Power!!

I don't remember much of the cartoon, but I do remember the call for power...And AMEN to all you have said. All of our fears do boil down to a loss of control, and since we have exercised our power to choose the hyster over the options....we will emerge victorious and more powerful than before....

Remember, too that most good adventure stories have the hero (or heroine in our case) in a situation where they have temporarily lost their power of choice in one way or another, yet become victorious in the end. We, too will rise above the confines of our disobedient and rebellous bodies to become victorious es!! WE HAVE THE POWER!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2002, 02:34 PM

Laura, well said!! I like your attitude! You're going to make it through this just fine, and you have your sights set on the wonderful life ahead of you. Super! I am only one of the many ladies on this site that can tell you from our personal experiences that our lives post-hysterectomy are *wonderful*! I thank God every day that I'm not bleeding anymore! I am so grateful, I have no words to express it.

Sooooo glad you're seeing this situation with such insight!

You'll look just beautiful in your crown!

Keep in touch,

Sue
Unread 10-17-2002, 04:44 PM

Hi Laura, Princess of Power,
Thanks for the new outlook. Although my family is complete, I was stricken with greif when I realized that I would no longer have this choice.
When my body is healed, I will have the power to do so much more for myself, my family, friends, etc.
Thanks again, Laura, and all the other women here who continue to validate and inspire me.
Unread 10-17-2002, 05:09 PM

Laura,

Very well said indeed.

Amen! And thank you for sharing!

Hugs and best wishes on your upcoming "choice!"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register