Hysterectomy yesterday 3/24: feels like i have been run over by a car | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy yesterday 3/24: feels like i have been run over by a car Hysterectomy yesterday 3/24: feels like i have been run over by a car

Unread 03-25-2015, 08:56 PM
Hysterectomy yesterday 3/24: feels like i have been run over by a car

I had a tvh with cervix removal yesterday. I have not been able to sleep . I woke this morning and my neck ,shoulders and back of legs,arms and hips hurt and are sore and stiff. I am having a really hard time finding relief. Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2015, 09:09 PM
Re: feels like i havebeen run over by a car

Welcome to the other side....
It is normal what you are feeling, it will pass, trust me....
Just be on top of your pain meds and i know its hard but try and relax.
If you need something else for pain or sleep, call your doctor to try and get something to help, they can just send it into the nearest pharmacy to get picked up.
If you develop a fever and/or you can't get on top of the pain, call your doctor also.
The best thing to do, is keep up on the pain meds and they will kick in so you can sleep. We do our best healing sleeping....
Take great care and hope the pain meds kick in so you can sleep

And remember pamper the princess
Unread 03-25-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabster71 View Post
I had a tvh with cervix removal yesterday. I have not been able to sleep . I woke this morning and my neck ,shoulders and back of legs,arms and hips hurt and are sore and stiff. I am having a really hard time finding relief. Has anyone else experienced this?
It gets better every day gabster! The first 24 hrs is the hardest. Make sure you keep up your pain meds! Are you at home or still in hospital?

I am on day three now and while I am still tender and the bed in hospital is too short, each day is getting a little better. Mind you I was a lot better after the first day once I got my drains and drip out. I started feeling much better as soon as I started walking around.

I am pretty sore and stiff too, with a few bruises here and there. I have been picturing them throwing me around the OR. That would be rather interesting at my weight! LOL

I will be going home tomorrow as long as everything keeps going well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2015, 09:38 PM

I described it as getting hit by a bus. Yes, it is pretty normal.
Unread 03-26-2015, 06:55 AM
Re: Hysterectomy yesterday 3/24: feels like i have been run over by a car

I had trouble sleeping the first couple of days, that will improve soon. As for the stiffness/soreness, getting up and moving around as much as you can tolerate can really help with that. Wishing you a smooth recovery!
Unread 03-26-2015, 01:46 PM

Yep, that sounds about right. My back was especially sore, and it took a while for that to improve. I had trouble sleeping, too, so my doc suggested Benadryl. You will get better day by day and hopefully soon your sleep patterns will get back to normal!
Unread 03-26-2015, 02:26 PM

Gabster...I feel run over as well. I came home yesterday and today I feel drained and more stiff. I'm hoping we'll both be able to tell a big difference within the next couple of days.
Unread 03-28-2015, 04:37 AM

I felt like I'd been 'hit by a bus' for first 24 hours too
This then reduced to being 'kicked by a horse' for next day or so.

Day 3 I was much more mobile and more comfortable.

Hang in there and rest as much as you can x
Unread 03-28-2015, 04:45 AM

I felt like that too. Getting up and walking really helped so I could stretch my back out a bit. I found it very hard to walk at first because that scar on my bikini would stretch with each step so I started wearing compression pants and walking with a cane. I still wear the compression pants, but lost the cane a little after week 1.
Unread 03-28-2015, 01:11 PM

Thanks for all your input. I am now on day 4 of recovery and the stiffness is gone. I woke up today feeling kinda blue. I d ok by know maybe a little sad. Weird. Maybe I am just being a baby?+!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register