doing really good after my surgarey | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

doing really good after my surgarey doing really good after my surgarey

Unread 08-10-2013, 04:42 PM
doing really good after my surgarey

hello I had my surgery done on the 5th of this month and to my surprise I am doing really good they had me stay over night to make sure everything was ok and the day I went home I was a little sore but I was doing good which it has been 5 days now and I only have to take my pain median at night I am up walking all over I am still being very careful not lifting any thing that I am not suppose to they told me nothing over 5 lbs. the doctor told called me and told me that the fibroids are not cancer at all and the cyst that they removed was normal it did have some fluid in it which my stomach has been hurting a little but not bad at all I have surprised everyone around here they thought that I would be down on the couch and have not had to use my pillow at all. but I do have one question is how do you know when the stitches are dissolved inside
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Re: doing really good after my surgarey

Glad you are doing well! I'm having a good recovery too. I don't have stitches inside (except the vaginal cuff) so I can't answer. For the cuff I think you can get a bit of bleeding when they dissolve.
Unread 08-10-2013, 07:24 PM

That's excellent that both the fibroids and the cyst turned out to be non-cancerous! :-)

Re: stitches, I noticed that every now and then during recovery, things that looked like short pieces of thick thread would appear on my underwear, usually brownish or purplish in colour. There were never a lot of them, and eventually they stopped appearing at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2013, 08:30 PM

Great to hear all is well. I am kind of different. I didn't "see" any stitches on my undies or when I'd wipe. I had no bleeding after surgery either. I asked my dr at my post-op when I should see the stitches and he said some people don't. Guess I was one of them. The only way I knew they were gone was because of my post-op exam the Dr told me he didn't see or feel any.
Unread 08-10-2013, 10:13 PM

Hi bird_of_spirit, I'm happy to hear that everything is going well for you. As for the stitches, my doctor used dissolving sutures, so I never saw any at all. Your doctor will let you know during your check up.

I know that you are feeling pretty good but make sure that you take it easy. It is very easy to overdo things when we start feeling better. Remember, you only get one chance to heal right the first time. So take it easy and rest as much as possible and remember to always listen to your body. Happy healing!

Lots of ((HUGS)) to you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register