Waiting for the other shoe to drop...I can feel it coming :( (kids mentioned) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Waiting for the other shoe to drop...I can feel it coming :( (kids mentioned) Waiting for the other shoe to drop...I can feel it coming :( (kids mentioned)

Unread 11-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Re: Waiting for the other shoe to drop...I can feel it coming :( (kids mentioned)

Well, I have mentioned a few movie names on here so I guess it is ok. Is the movie Marley and Me? I own the movie (bought it for my daughter) but havent seen it yet. If it is then that is the one I will watch tonight .

I looked at the store today but nothing popped out at me. Going to go to a video store in a bit to see if something happens to pop out at me there. I have enough tears for a few movies so any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all for your support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Re: Waiting for the other shoe to drop...I can feel it coming :( (kids mentioned)

I don't think you really hurt your daughter by babying her - I think you gave her something that you both enjoyed, and now it's time to do the "big girl stuff" because you are both feeling better. Please don't beat yourself up. I found that teachers often want to hurry our kids to grow up, and growing up is a "back and forth" process. If it really is a problem for her at school, let her teacher know what has been going on at home with both your health and try and get her to empathize with your daughter, but also let her know that she no longer "needs to be the baby" and is back to normal at home (does this make sense?) My 25 year old son was very independent until he went off to middle school. suddenly he needed attention from his dad to get out the door every day. My husband is pretty smart - he started tying his sneakers for him before he left. It was a loving guesture of "interdependence" that helped my son regress a little and leave feeling loved. Crazy, maybe, but they talk about it once in a while and both smile. I think you are on the right track, a truly loving mom.
Unread 11-19-2009, 05:23 PM

Yes, the movie is "Marley and Me". Very good, not just a kid's movie. Actually a very grown-up movie about life, and a true story.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register