advice please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

advice please advice please

Unread 05-09-2005, 08:58 PM
advice please

had 1/20/05 had tubal
had a tvh 3/17/05 to releave pain and passing out from period. 4/1/05 two week check up vaginal cuff infection cipro 10 days 4/7/05 bleeding now take flagyl with cipro 10 days 4/21/05 yeast infection 1 pill thank god.
went for check up not feeling so well like i had a flu bug had been experiecing hotflash,moodswings, and tender breast ; told the md about it he checked me out ; then he says you still have your overies your not going in to menopause (i never said anything about it) it just a big mystery i said yes it is he said all you test came back ok no infection ; except you have something on the bowel that should go away in a few weeks .he made me feel like i was making it up . i was really hurt. i really don't want to go back their ever then his staffs calls me later tell me he wants me on 2000mg of cipro and flagyl together for what??????????? i don't understand why do i feel this terrible? please any advice would be greatly welcomed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2005, 09:02 PM
advice please

Maybe you should think about getting a ew doctor, or a least a second opion.
Unread 05-09-2005, 09:16 PM
still recovering

You are still pretty early post op, but I am sorry you are being treated like that at the doctor's

He must have thought about you after you left and wants you to take another round of medication. Be sure to call back and ask any questions-who cares if they are "annoyed" by you. It is your body and your health you are concerned about, not their work day.

You can always print out the article from the post op articles about Ovaries shutting down and take it in and ask him if he would address that.

Here is the link:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsa...hp?s=&id=97124

I know it is hard, but it does take several months to get all the emotions, healing, and recovery done. It takes many 4 to 6 months, or even longer to feel back to normal.
Just be sure if you don't feel you have been listened to, that you go back in, talk to them, and tell them you aren't happy. Ask them if they can recommend another doc-that will make them listen.

's

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register