Weight Issue! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Weight Issue! Weight Issue!

Unread 08-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Weight Issue!

As far as the size of your uterus goes...was it mm or grams? I ask this because my pathology report stated that my uterus was 388 grams. I don't know what is normal

I HATE TO SAY BUT I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS MM OR GRAMS! I GO BACK TO THE DOCTOR IN TWO WEEKS AND I'M GOING TO GET SOME INFO! STILL TO ME A 257 MM OR GRAM UTERUS COMPARED TO A NORMAL 70MM OR GRAM SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF EXCESS WATER RETENTION! WHO KNOWS, I'M JUST FEELING VERY WELL AND HAVING NO PROBLEMS AS OF YET. SOMETHING I FORGOT TO MENTION, I HAD TO STAY IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 5 DAYS DUE TO MY BLOOD COUNT BECAME ALMOST NON-EXSISTANT!MY HEMO WAS 7.1 AND FALLING!YES I'M ANNEMIC,BUT TAKING MED FOR IT AND IT'S CLIMBING UP! THE DAY BEFORE MY TAH I WAS HAVING TO DOUBLE UP ON MED,BECAUSE IF IT WASN'T TO A CERTAIN LEVEL SURGERY WAS OFF! MAYBE THE LOSS OF APPETITE WAS A REASON FOR THE WEIGHT LOSS,BUT I'M EATING NOW. DO WOMEN NORMALLY LOSE OR GAIN AFTER A HYSTERECTOMY?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2005, 08:49 AM
Weight Issue!

As I stated before I have had some women tell me they really packed on the lbs. after the hyst. Others I say they stayed the same. I think alot of it has to do with the HRT some women take.
Unread 08-20-2005, 11:11 AM
Weight Issue!

As far as mm vs. gm. goes, if the doctor said mm then he must have been talking measurement around from one end to the other, gm would be what it weighed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2005, 01:52 PM
Weight Issue!

Hello to all my sisters on this thread,
My dr. gave me the measurements in *english*, he said that my uterus was 2 lbs. and it is only suppose to be 3 oz., so if there is any good mathmeticians out there that can translate enlish into metric this is kind of a gauge. I lost 16lbs in the first 2 weeks and when I went back for my 6 week checkup I had gained 1 back :cry: hopefully I won't gain much more back before I can start excerising good. I am just now starting to feel human again.
Debbie
Unread 08-20-2005, 08:36 PM
Weight Issue!

I've lost a total of 20lbs, 15 during the first 3 weeks. I am determined to keep the weight off, so I have been exercising and have changed my eating habits since surgery. Hopefully it will stay gone long term.
Unread 08-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Weight Issue!

I have lost over 30lbs in less than 9 weeks since surgery. My taste changed and my appitite went away. I couldn't taste much of anything afterwords. I still can't taste a lot of stuff and chocolate tastes bad. My stomach is still sore, but I do actually get really hungry at times now, but fill up quickly. I had some bowel problems afterwords and have to have a colonoscopy next week. Wheeho! My uterus was about six times normal size at 350gms. I am glad it is over. I think a part of the weight loss can be attributed to the fact that I am off b/c pills now. I was so hopped up on hormones all the time I could eat the side of a cow.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register