Fluid leakage from vagina? - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fluid leakage from vagina? Fluid leakage from vagina?

Unread 08-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Fluid leakage from vagina?

I hope this gets resolved for you! It makes my little leaking seem insignificant. I am glad you have persisted in getting answers. Actually, it sounds like way too bad of a problem to ignore, so it's not like you had a choice. You had to keep looking for answers and help! I wonder if your regular doctor has figured out this mystery yet? Good luck!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2008, 11:48 AM

Leaking, regardless of the amount is NOT insignificant at all! I am sorry for any one of us that has to deal with that! we certainly did not trade tampons & pads for MORE pads & even adult diapers!

I do have GREAT news!! I have just returned from my urologist, who I have to say is THE best doctor that I have ever encountered. His bedside manner & compassion during all of this has been incredible. If every doctor that I was treated by over the last 3 months had ounce of his understanding I would have been "fixed" long ago!

Anyhow...we went over my CT Urogram frame by frame & he explained everything that I was seeing. Long story short....He said that my ureter was healed...that it looked "beautimous!" and that he hoped to "See me again...never!" LOL!! As awesome & kind as he was I feel the exact same, Never would be too soon for me as far as visiting the urologist again goes!

He did say after we had a laugh to come back in a year to have a 12 month check up & follow up CT done just to make sure that the healing continues as it is expected to & of course to call should something (knock on wood) spring a leak!

I feel giddy for the first time since my hysterectomy, some 3 1/2 months ago. It has been a long & wonding road full of uncertainties, pain & disappointments, but I have emerged a happy, healthy girl again! I have such gratitude & respect for this doctor. I know what he was doing was what he was trained to do, but what he gave back to me was so much more. Thanks to him, I have my life back. This procedure was a "rare case" & a good outcome was not guaranteed, but this procedure was worth a shot & IT WORKED!

I told one of the girls that I work with that I was going to get a small shamrock tattoo if the results were good. She said "Why, you are so UNLUCKY" my response to her was "No, quite the opposite, I am extremely lucky!"

You don't know what you've got until it is taken away from you, to go through what we've gone through & come out of it stronger & healthier both physically & mentally is an incredible feat!

Thank you all so much for your support, you are an amazing group of women who I am proud to know! Much love to every one of you!

-kara

“The important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have won, but to have fought well”.
-Baron Pierre de Coubertin
Unread 08-14-2008, 12:25 PM

To Tallulahbird,
What great news! How fortunate that you found this doctor, that he was able to help you, and that he was compassionate, too! I'm not sure what your "rare case" procedure was, and it is a shame you had to suffer through so much. I admire your positive outlook and perseverance, and when my inner Eeyore gets in the way, I will strive to be more of a Tigger, like you! I hope your healing continues. Whether or not you get the tattoo on your skin, I hope you will always carry that shamrock within your heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2008, 01:08 PM

Kara I am so happy for you !!!!
You have helped and encouraged all of us so much - I hope you know how grateful I am for you and that you shared your experience. YOu never want others to go through those things but when you have someone who truelly understands it sure helps!!!
I talked to my employer yesterday who is a terrific man- and he said "what an awful summer you had" - and I said you know it does sound horrible and there was some really dicouraging and even painfilled days but
it really wasn't THAT awful- I rested- I played a game in the evenings with my family, I prayed more, read more and appreciated more.
I too am greatful for wonderful and caring Doctors and staff- what a difference that makes!!!
Anyway -heres to all of us who are true survivors!!! We are truelly fortunate in so many ways!!
Many blessings to you Kara, Maggie
Unread 08-15-2008, 07:32 AM

Tallulahbird,
Congratulations! Doesn't it feel great when the doctor says he doesn't want to see you again?

I agree about the "lucky" part, too.

When I tell my story, I have people tell me I should sue my doctors for their "mistakes," and I disagree. I feel that if I hadn't had such good doctors, I may have been butchered.

Being a rare case just proves there is no such thing as "routine surgery." My surgeon is a professor at the local medical school, and he will use my case in his teaching.

Thanks for sharing your story, kara. You have helped more sisters than you realize.
B
Unread 08-15-2008, 08:25 AM

Oh thank you ladies, your words mean so much to me. It does my heart good to know that what we've been through will indeed help others along the way.

bex...I fully agree with you. I can't fault my surgeon, who has been my gyn for nearly 9 years now for a "mistake" that I knew could happen when I digned those consent forms. You never go into things thinking that you could be that rare case, but it just goes to show that it can happen to anyone. I trust that he did his very best & would NEVER intentionally cause any harm. As he told me, in his 25 years of practice, he had only encountered this one other time.

I've learned not only to expect, but to ACCEPT the unexpected!

Much luck & love to all!

Kara

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register