Ok Gals , Surgery Is Wed, And I'm Flipping Out!!!!! Heeeellllppp! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ok Gals , Surgery Is Wed, And I'm Flipping Out!!!!! Heeeellllppp! Ok Gals , Surgery Is Wed, And I'm Flipping Out!!!!! Heeeellllppp!

Unread 02-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Ok Gals , Surgery Is Wed, And I'm Flipping Out!!!!! Heeeellllppp!

THE CLOSER THIS GETS , THE WORSE ITS GETTING, MY EYES ARE LITERALLY BLACK AND BLUE FROM HYSTERICAL CRYING, HOW AM I GOING TO MAKE IT TO THE CASTLE WITHOUT A STRAIGHT JACKET AND A BLINDFOLD???????I AM SOOO SCARED!!!!!! I HAVE TRIED TO RATIONALIZE MY FEARS AND ITS NOT WORKING, I'M AFRAID OF THE HOSPITAL, ALL THE SPOOKY MASKED PEOPLE, I AM AFRAID OF WHAT IF??? I CAN'T EVEN SAY...... I AM WHAT IF'ING MYSELF INTO A STATE ...... WHAT CAN I DO????
BARBIE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2004, 11:21 AM

sounds perfectly normal to me barbie,,,i like the spooky mask ppl,
reminds me of a twilite zone episode,,,w/pig masks,,,makes me laff when in think of it,,,

hey i have an idea,,,my friends sent me some mardi gras masks from lousiana,,,want me to send one to u,,,,this way u can make the spooky mask ppl laff .

now that i think of it,,maybe i will wear a mask in the room,,,heck if they can,,why cant i ?
Unread 02-22-2004, 11:23 AM

Dear sister,

Truly the waiting is the worst part. Before my surgery I asked my family and friends to pray for me and to pray that I experience peace and calm before my surgery. When I went in to pre-op I was as cool as a cucumber! I am praying that you will find peace in the middle of this crazy time/
Blessings showered upon you as you enter the castle

Mafalee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2004, 01:01 PM
Surgery Tomorrow (FEB 23rd)

I know exactly what you mean!! I have asked everybody and their brother to pray for me, but I am still kinda nervous. I'm not crazy about hospitals to begin with. I don't like the feeling of being out of control and not able to take care of myself. I am praying that he can do it vaginally (he said there's a 90% chance), because the down time is so much less. I have 2 weeks paid surgical leave from my job, and I hope to be back at work after that. I'm in good shape, so I hope to bounce back quickly.
Unread 02-22-2004, 01:14 PM

Hi barbie,
I was the same way...a nervous wreck counting down the weeks until the surgery...TAH. A week before...someone sent me this Bible verse: Psalm 34:4 - "I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

Not just some of my fears but ALL. I had EVERYONE praying for me. That week before...ALL fear was gone. I was just ANXIOUS to get it all over with. Let me tell you the waiting is worse than the surgery & after.

I will be praying for you...like others did for me...that ALL fear will be gone! Best wishes to you on the 25th...know I will be thinking of you & praying for you on that day. Hindsight is 20/20...like me...you will be wondering WHY all the nervousness & dread. But it is all very natural for us...we all have the same fears...especially if we haven't been thru surgery before. We are human.

My thoughts & prayers will be with you on Wednesday.
dustydee
Unread 02-22-2004, 01:17 PM
Flipping Out

Barbie61,

I can honestly identify with all the different feelings you are having. Trust me when I tell you, once you are in pre-op at castle, if you let them aware of your anxiety, they will do everything they can to make you comfortable. I am the biggest I know, and they kept me so relaxed and calm. For me, the hardest part was a few days before my surgery. You will just fine once your big day arrives. I wil be thinking of you and saying a prayer to help calm you. Best wishes.
Unread 02-22-2004, 03:14 PM
((((Barbie))))

Hugs to you , I am feeling exactly the same. I have 2 weeks and 2 days left I read good positive posts and feel better ..then I start to think negatively. I ask everyone to pray for me... I know whatever will be will be. I will turn it over to my surgeon and the person in charge when th etime comes..But I too wonder how the heck my feet are going to wlk into that hospital on March 9th!
I last had a surgical procedure 2 1/2 years ago. I was in so much pain I was like delirious..so I could car eless if they operated or not. I was ready to die ( better than suffer I thought)
However now I'm just petrified of tehsurgery , teh recovery and whether I'll ever be the old me again.( I don't even remember her anymore) I have complicating medical issues and high BPtooso its a real scary factor for me. I'v eopetd for an epidural to keep an eye on them....LOL what a control freak I am! I will however let he doctor sdo whatever she need s to do to get me well and better.
I planned acruise for July 30th so I have something to focus on during my recovery... It helps me to think ablout and post to ladies who hav esurvived and all say it was tehbEST thing they ever did ..everyone says waiting is teh worse thing.I 'll agree each day I'm amore psycho than tehday before. I hav eeven thought of wriing farewell latters to my kids an dhubby ( just in case). I try to not think abouty the worse. I know I'm a terrible patient and I don't envy my doctor or nurses for dealing with me)
Barbie, Please be srtrong. I 'll be thinking and praying for you. I'll need you to be there for me when you get home to walk me down that path... to reassure me ..when I'm feling overwhelmed and have self doubts. you can do it ...We are woman and we can do anything~
Unread 02-22-2004, 04:00 PM

I did here they can give you a sedative prior to surgery. Have you asked for one yet? Hang in there. Were praying for you
Unread 02-22-2004, 04:06 PM

hi susan,
yes they said they would give me something as soon as i get there, ha! if they didn't , seriously , my flight mechanism will kick in............. they told me in essence....... that they would give me something that would make me so relaxed that i just wouldnt care either way....
hugs!
barbie
Unread 02-22-2004, 04:16 PM

Hi Barbie,
I had my TAH/BSO on February 3rd. I had been hospitalized for 10 days in October for 105 degree fever which started the testing frenzy, CAT Scans, Nuc Med, Bone Marrow...you name it and someone ordered it. Everything appeared normal and my fever went away so off I went home with the vow that I would not return. I had only been hospilalized once before and had been very healthy.

On Christmas Eve my family doctor reviewed the 3 inch thick pile of test results from all the other 8 doctors and found I had an slight elevation of my CA125 and low and behold a 2.5cm growth on my left ovary..Off to the OB/GYN the first week of January. The GYN found out that my Uterus was the very large also and the growth on the left ovary had become larger than in October. The surgery was scheduled for 4 weeks later. I was very comfortable with the decision to go ahead and have the surgery but the days of waiting became more and more trying. I found that the days I really took care of myself...took a walk, read a book, cooked meals in preparation of the surgery, bought a few projects for recovery, all the positive aspects of doing this were the days I did the best. If I didn't find time for myself, then I was a wreck...

I wish you the best on your surgery. Believe me, I had a good cry the morning my DH took me to the castle, I did not want to go back after staying so long the last time. It was a completely different experience this time because I was not sick. I knew from all the preop appointments exactly what would be done to me, if you don't know then ask..the unknown is the part that will scare you. Everyone that I had taking care of me was there for my care and was concerned about me..If you need something ask, and better yet if someone is with you make sure they ask for you. I am almost 3 weeks post op and am so glad that I am on the other side of the surgery date..

Best wishes to you.
Judy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register