Ugh...not a great day... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ugh...not a great day... Ugh...not a great day...

Unread 03-29-2010, 01:07 PM
Ugh...not a great day...

...but one to note in the pain diary I am keeping.
I am at work right now. My husband had to go home, he is sick with intestinal issues he has had for years. He has been doing better but had a flare up this morning...

I got up this morning and got dressed. I have huge fibroids, and very enlarged uterus, and an umbilical hernia. I look like I am pregnant. But this morning my clothes fit just fine.

Anyway, my husband and I own a bike shop. He had to go home, he is feeling quite awful. And suddenly, my stomach got hard and BIG, and my jeans no longer fit. I was in PAIN.
So I drank 2 colas and took a vicodin and unbuttoned my jeans.
Anyway, my mom and aunt dropped by. My aunt had a tah in 1981. She told me that recovery is "nothing" and that she was back to work in just a few weeks, and that there is no pain to speak of. So...both of them know I'm feeling crappy, and start telling me that I REALLY REALLY need to have my surgery before december....

I CAN'T have my surgery before December.
For starters, we run a bike shop. My husband and I are the only 2 people who work here. I can't take ANY time out of work during the busy season.
Plus I need to have time to get a second opinion.
And get the house in order.
And buy tons of stuff to make my recovery easier.
Plus, I keep snakes. I currently have over 30. In November or December most of them can go into brumaton in the basement. That means no feeding or cleaning them for 3 months and they will only need a water change once a week. I have a friend who is more than happy to help me with that. But before then they require weekly feedings AND cleanings, and I am the only snake person in the family.

The few snakes that WILL need care this winter, plus the care of my pet rats are enough for me to worry about!

Sorry to vent. My aunt and mom mean well, but they just seem to think I can drop everything and rush right into surgery at the drop of a hat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Re: Ugh...not a great day...

Vent away, this site is full of great "listeners" Over 30 snakes? Wow! I've cared for a few in the past, 30 is quite a responsibility!

Sorry you're not feeling well. You're right, I'm sure your aunt and mom mean well. You have to do what's right for you.
Unread 03-29-2010, 02:57 PM

Thank you, Laura!

Yes, I am the "family wierdo". I am feeling so much better than when I wrote this a few hours ago!
They don't want me to be in pain all summer. I am in pain quite often but it never lasts very long. I can certainly wait til december I think!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2010, 05:04 PM

Do what you gotta do----sounds pretty well thought out. Do get the 2nd opinion and don't wait too late to schedule so you get the date you want. Sounds like no harm would be done by wqiting so good luck with your family.
Unread 03-29-2010, 05:10 PM

greyown has a good point, don't wait too long to schedule. My surgery ended up scheduled over 2 months out. So maybe set the date in Sept, or Oct. Just my
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:11 PM

girl, the best advice I can give you are already following! Planning is everything ! You sound very prepared already! That will help you so much when it's over! Do what's right for you and go by your drs recommendations. I did all these things and feel better because of it! (had my surgery 3/25) good luck
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:51 PM

Yup, yup, yup. Read the above posts. Mom and Aunt are worried about you more than they are the rest of what's going on in your life. Can't say as I blame 'em since I'm the one who usually nags my DH DDad and DBrother to get themselves in for their needed surgeries and Dr appts. I'm just waiting to hear from my own dr regarding a surgery date and am cleaning/dejunking/reorganizing like mad in case he wants to do it ASAP. At least you have a better idea as to when you want yours done and why!

Hugs!
HWM

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register